••☆ Chapter 4: "New Helper" (Part2) ☆••

"That was super cool, Max

"That was super cool, Max." Steve said when his friend returned to his seat.

"I just didn't like what he did to that girl." he replied, then he noticed Dylan was acting unusually quiet on his seat. "Are you okay, Dylan?"

"Yeah... I just think I heard a familiar voice, but I can't remember who's voice it was." he answered.

After a few minutes, the waitress returned and went to their table. She was holding a big glass of mango sundae shake. She approached Max and gave it to him.

"My treat for you, because I like people with balls of steel." she told him frankly.

He chuckled. "You shouldn't have to, but thanks."

She smiled. He smiled too. When she was about to go, she noticed Dylan. He was wearing a baseball cap, so she lowered her body down to see his face.

"Lost boy?" she asked.

Dylan looked at where the voice came from. "Photography girl?" He finally remembered her voice.

She chuckled.

Max was surprised. "Hey, you know each other?"

"Not really. I only met him once when I found him lost in the Pavilion." the waitress answered.

"No wonder your voice is familiar... So you work here, huh?" Dylan asked.

She looked down, then she looked back at him. "Not anymore. I just quitted my job. My 'ex' boss is a big jerk." she complained in a bitter tone.

"Oh..." Max reacted.

"Don't worry. I'm actually sick of this freaking restaurant. I'll just find another job." she said.

"Hey, I happened to have a friend who owns a restaurant on the Main street. I can recommend you to him if you want." Max offered.

"Really?" she asked right away.

"How about you work for me?" Dylan butted in.

They all looked at him.

"What do you mean I work for you?" she asked in a confused tone.

"I actually need a helper right now. Since you already assisted me before, I recommend you for the job. I'll pay you double." he offered.