••☆ Chapter 1: "Behind Doubts" (Part2) ☆••

"Okay

"Okay. What happened back there? You're in the lead, Dylan. Why on earth you stopped?" Max questioned. They were at a bar.

"I don't know. Maybe because it's my first time in two years joining this sport to witness someone fell off a tall cliff and die." Dylan answered heavily, staring at his glass.

"It was Freddie Olsen. He really died down there. He didn't make it to the hospital. They said he was completely toasted." Steve told them.

Max and Dylan both did a disgusted reaction.

"Well, nobody liked what happened, but I'm sure all the participants know auto racing is a very dangerous game. You know that too, right Dylan?" Max asked.

"Yeah, I know it's dangerous, but I never felt scared before because I'm confident with my driving skills... but right now, after what happened? After what I saw? ...I don't know what to think of it anymore." he answered, still without looking.

"Hey, don't tell me you're quitting? You like that sport. You love cars." Max said.

Dylan finally looked at him. "I don't know, bro... I still need to think this through."

Seeing the serious look on his friend's face, Max gave up. He leaned against his chair and sighed.

☆•••••••○○●○○•••••••☆

On Friday night, Dylan waited at home until midnight, but Patricia didn't show up. He grabbed his phone and called her.

Particia: "Hey, baby. I'm so sorry. We got invited to a night party after the show. Models from other companies are also here. I can't leave. Promise, I'll make it up to you on weekend, okay?"

Dylan: "I see. It's all right, babe. I was just worried, so I called you."

Patricia: "Thanks, baby. I have to hang up now. I'll try to get a higher deal from other modelling companies. Wish me luck. I'll call you back tomorrow."

Dylan: "Okay. Don't drink too much."

Patricia: (giggled) "I won't. Bye! I love ya. Mwah!"

Dylan: "I love you too."

After the call, Dylan slumped on the couch and covered his eyes with his arm. At that moment, he was really disappointed.

☆••••••○○●○○••••••☆

The next day at Kornells University, one of the most popular schools in New York, Dylan entered their classroom.