••☆ Chapter 19: "Complicated Love" (Part2) ☆••

Max took Rose to a deluxe café

Max took Rose to a deluxe café. They ordered hot drinks and sliced cakes.

"Where do you plan to study next year?" he asked.

"I'm not sure yet. My first plan was to move to another place after my contract with Dylan." She paused. "But now that things has changed... I can't tell what will happen."

"If you choose me, I will come with you anywhere." he told her.

She felt awkward hearing him talking about his feelings again. "Is that really how love works? You'll do anything to be with the person you love? ...Even if it requires you to sacrifice important things?" she asked in a curious tone.

He smiled. "Yes, but you can only do that if you truly love that person."

"It sounds sad to me." she replied.

"No, Rose. When you're with someone you wanted to be with, you will never feel sad. Especially, if you both share strong love for each other." he explained.

She thought of it again. "I guess I'm really stupid when it comes to romance." she said, chuckling.

"I think you're not... You just need someone who will open your heart and show you how love works between two people." he replied.

She noticed the deep looks in his eyes. She shrugged. "We'll find out." she said, then she took a small piece from her cake and ate it.

He chuckled seeing her childish, yet honest side.

"Oh, by the way" She took something in her bag. "Here, for you" She handed it to him.

He took it. It was a small paper bag. "Is this a gift for my birthday?" he asked, opening it.

"Yeah, I remembered you when I saw that in a store in Norwich." she answered.

When he took it out of the paper bag, he saw it was a black baseball cap with a 'Max Out' print on its front panel. He smiled and put it on. "Thanks"

She smiled too.

After an hour at the cafe, she noticed it was beginning to get dark outside. "I have to go home now." she told him.

"I'll drive you home, but before that, can I take you to another place? I promise it'll be quick. I just want to show you something." he requested.

She was hesitant, but she could not refuse seeing the pleading look on his face. "Okay" she agreed.

He took her to a newly opened photo gallery near town square. She was amazed when they entered the first room. Countless of incredible photos from famous photographers were displayed on the walls.