••☆ Chapter 14: "Fear of Loneliness" (Part1) ☆••

"I realized that being single and being with someone both have advantages and disadvantages

"I realized that being single and being with someone both have advantages and disadvantages." Rose said.

"Will you now give yourself a chance to experience having a boyfriend?" Dylan asked.

"I still don't know, but maybe, if someone confessed to me or asked me out, I'll give it some serious thought." she answered.

At that moment, Dylan remembered what Max had told him about his plan to her. "What kind of guy do you prefer?"

"Mmm... Let's see... If I ever fall in love... although I'm really not sure if that will actually happen, I prefer a guy who... can go along with my bullshits." she answered.

He chuckled. "Wait, can you elaborate further on that?"

"I mean... I'm aware of myself. I do weird, crazy and even dangerous things in my day to day life, and that's how I enjoy it, so I might become interested in someone who will not get tired of who I really am. A guy who will not require me to change, or to be what he prefers to have. A guy who will tell me 'Nah, I still love you' every time I feel less of a girlfriend." Rose was looking up at the sky as she was talking. She was trying to imagine herself with a guy she preferred to spend her life with if ever her heart would beat for love.

Dylan was hooked by her choices and preferences. She had simple desires, but were likable. "Is there a... person right now you think could be that guy?" he asked, trying to dig deeper. At that moment, he oddly felt nervous.

She looked at him. She knew he couldn't see, but at that time, she felt as if he was looking back at her. "Yes"

"Who?" he asked straightaway.

"I can't tell you." she answered.

"Why not?" He felt badly left hanging.

"Don't worry, it's not you." she told him.

He felt a sudden tight squeeze in his chest after he heard that. "Is it... Max?" he asked hesitantly.

"Max?" She sniggered. "Your friend is a very nice guy, but I don't think he'll be interested romantically in someone like me."

"Not now, but what if one day he would?" he asked in a low, but serious tone.

Rose remembered when Max asked her a similar question. "Max is too much for me. He deserves someone better."