••☆ Chapter 22: "Two Hearts" (Part 2) ☆••

While the room was filled with laughter, someone knocked on the door

While the room was filled with laughter, someone knocked on the door. When it opened, two girls showed up. Max and Steve recognized one of them.

"Tania, long time no see!" Max greeted.

She smiled.

"Tania's here?" Dylan asked.

"Yep, actually we just arrived today. I'm with Serena." she said.

"Hi, Dylan" Serena greeted softly.

Max and Steve looked at each other when they heard her name.

"Hey, Serena. How are you?" Dylan greeted back.

"I'm doing great. Tania told me about the accident. I really wanted to visit you, but I was still recovering from my surgeries at that time." she told him.

"Surgeries? ...Why? What happened to you?" he asked, wondering.

She approached him and held his hand. "I underwent facial enhancement and plastic surgeries. I look different now." she answered, then she put his palm on her face and giggled.

"So that's why we didn't recognize you." Max said.

"You look prettier." Steve complimented.

"Thanks" she replied, showing a cute smile.

"Is that Rose?" Tania asked, looking at her.

"Oh, yes. That's her... Rose, that's Tania. She's my cousin, and this is Serena, my childhood friend." Dylan introduced them.

"Hi" Rose greeted with a shy smile.

"We heard about what happened from aunt Victoria. Good thing you have a handy helper. You should increase her salary." Tania suggested.

"Um... Actually, Rose is..." Dylan was cut off while talking when Rose interrupted him.

"No, that's not necessary. My boss is already paying me more than enough." she said.

"I'll stay here for three months. Let me take care of you. We haven't seen each other for almost two years. We need to catch up. I have a lot of stories to tell you. I promise you won't feel bored with me." Serena offered.

"Yeah, Dee. She's been talking about you since we started preparing for our trip back here." Tania agreed, teasing.

"Stop it, Tania" Serena reacted in an embarrassed tone.

Tania sniggered.

"Sure, you can visit me at our house, but I already got all the help I need with Rose." Dylan replied.

Serena looked at Rose.

Max noticed she was criticizing her with her eyes.

"Okay, but I'll visit you often." she said.