••☆ Chapter 21: "Clever Girl" (Part1) ☆••

Rose: “Mr

Rose: “Mr. Walton, it’s Rose.”

Mr. Walton: “Rose! Where is Dylan? Is he all right?” (frantic)

Rose: “Yes. He’s fine.” (calm)

Mr. Walton: “Did they really abduct you and my son?”

Rose: “Yes… um… They want me to tell you… they… they will kill Dylan… if you will not give what they want.”

Mr. Walton: “Okay, okay. Tell them we will. We will prepare the money. Tell them don’t hurt my son.” (begging)

Rose: “Okay”

The man snatched the phone from her.

“SBFBF!” she yelled before he cut the line.

After he heard that, he glared at her. Then, he grabbed her by the hair and yanked her forcibly. “Pequeña perra... What the hell did you say?” he asked, looking sharply at her tense eyes.

“I just told him... he’s Such a Breadwinner and a Freaking Badass Father... It’s a thing in their family.” she answered, doing her best to stay calm.

The man released her. Then, he raised his right hand and slapped her in the face. She fell off her chair and stumbled on the floor.

The man pulled her hair again and forced her to stand. “If that means something else, I will bury you alive ten feet below the ground and no one will ever see you again.” he threatened, then he released her aggressively. “Take her back!” he growled.

The man behind her grabbed her arm and dragged her back to their cell. When he opened the door, he threw her to the floor.

“Rose, is that you?” Dylan called.

She got up and approached him. “Yes” she answered in a low tone.

When he felt her hand, he quickly pulled her close and embraced her tightly. “Did they hurt you?”

She noticed his anxious voice. “No” she answered, then she wrapped her arms around his waist lightly and wept quietly.

What she did took a lot of her energy. She had a bad feeling when she saw the shovels and the loots, and her suspicion grew even more when the man threatened her. At that moment, she strongly prayed and hoped they got her message.