••☆ Chapter 1: "Behind Doubts" (Part1) ☆••

Dylan woke up in his bed from a sharp ache in his head

Dylan woke up in his bed from a sharp ache in his head. He blinked his eyes several times while looking at the ceiling and tried to think back what had happened to him before he fell asleep.

It took him a few minutes to remember that he was at a house party drinking until past midnight, but he could not recall how he got himself home.

Even though he was still feeling heavy, he forced his body to get up, then he slouched on the bed for a while. When he looked to his right, he found a naked girl lying face down beside him. From the small butterfly tattoo on her lower spine, he figured out it was Patricia.

He couldn't remember exactly what they did when they got to the room together, but seeing they were both naked, and the red marks on Patricia's buttocks, he concluded they did a wild sex again.

As he was rubbing his face, he felt extremely thirsty. He got out of bed and put on a boxer shorts he snatched from the closet, then he went out of his bedroom.

He headed straight to the kitchen and grabbed a bottled water in the fridge. Then, he sat at the dining table and gulped it all up. After he let out a long and loud burp, he felt a bit lighter.

"Good morning" a female voice greeted.

When he turned his head, he saw his mom looking at him from the kitchen door.

"Oh, mom. You're here." he said in a low and tired voice.

"You look awful." she replied, not taking her eyes off him.

"I was at a party last night." he told her, blinking heavily.

"I know. I saw your car outside. The door is open. There are beer cups, cigarette filters and a used condom inside... Well, thank god at least you're using condoms." she said, intending to sound sarcastic. "How's school?" she asked.

"It's fine. I know I do crazy stuff like this sometimes, but I take my studies seriously." he answered.

"That's great... and please mind your health too. I'm telling you sweetie, you wouldn't want to meet Mr. Regret in the future." she reminded him.

"Yup. I'll remember that." he replied, trying his best to sound obedient.

"Okay... Oh, and that naked girl in your room, is that Patricia?" she asked.

"Yeah" he answered hesitantly. He felt a bit embarrassed.

"I see. I'm just checking if... it's still her." she replied.

"Mom... Who else would it be? Of course it's Patricia. She's my 'only' girlfriend. I may be a party goer and a drunkard, but I'm always serious about my relationship with her." he protested, sounding a bit upset.

"Okay, got it." she replied, but he could tell that she was not really convinced.

"Come on, mom. Patricia is nice and sweet. Try to know her more." he said.