••☆ Chapter 11: "Unforgettable Day" (Part1) ☆••

The next day, Rose returned to work

The next day, Rose returned to work. She found Dylan in the living room sitting on the couch.

"Hey" she greeted.

"Hi" he greeted back.

"You're all dressed up. You wanna go out?" she asked, noticing his clothes.

"Yes" he answered.

"Okay, where?" she asked, joining him on the couch.

"No, you choose." he replied.

"Hmm? Why?" she asked in a confused tone.

"Since it's your birthday yesterday, I'll let you pick any place in town. Take it as a gift from your boss." he explained.

"Nah, It's fine. I really don't celebrate my birthday." she replied in an unbothered tone.

"Huh? Then, what did you do yesterday?" he asked, wondering.

"I just went out of town and visited someone. It's a ritual I do every year on my birthday." she told him.

"I see... but I insist. Let's go somewhere. Birthday happens only once a year. You should do something fun and memorable." he entreated.

She gave it some thought. "Mmm... All right. Are you sure I can choose any place?"

"Yep" he answered.

"Okay, let's go to the theme park and ride a roller coaster. And oh! The Drop Tower and the SlingShot too! Let's try them all!" she babbled in a thrilled voice.

He felt a bit anxious thinking that he had never tried riding such things. "Oh...kay. Um. How about a Ferris Wheel? That's a fun ride too, right?"

"Nah, that's for kids. Come on. Now, I'm excited." she enthused.

He felt a bit regretful for letting her choose a place, but since he couldn't take it back anymore, he gave it a go.

When they arrived at the place, Rose quickly led the way to the roller coaster ride. They joined the line and waited.

"How high it is?" Dylan asked.

She looked up. "I think it's only a hundred and seventy feet tall."

He roughly calculated it and realized that height was already more than half of the Statue of Liberty. "Only?" he murmured.

She didn't hear him. "We're next."

Dylan swallowed an air. He wanted to tell her he had a fear of heights, but he desisted thinking that it might only ruin her day, so even though he was not sure and unready at that moment, he agreed to ride a roller coaster for the first time.