••☆ Chapter 28: "Sad Truth" (Part 2) ☆••

Max was driving through the gate when Steve noticed a phone in the back seat

Max was driving through the gate when Steve noticed a phone in the back seat. He grabbed it.

“Rose forgot her phone.” he told his friend.

Max hit the brakes and drove back. After he parked the car, he took the phone and went inside the house. He found Rose standing near the dining room door.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

“Speaking of our children. I just had this idea since we’re good friends. You have a nice son and my daughter is a fine girl. What do you think if we pair them up?” Ellie suggested.

“What do you mean ‘we pair them up’?” Victoria asked in a confused tone.

Ellie smiled. “You know... Make them a couple. They’ll be perfect for each other, don't you agree?”

“Oh… Um, that’s a good suggestion, but… I let my son decide on things like that.” Victoria answered.

“Come on, Vic. Think of what good it will do for us too. If they stay together and get married someday, we can merge our businesses together. You’re looking for more clients, right? Our company can help you with that, and I'm sure yours will be a good help for us too. It’s a win-win situation, for us and for our children... Well actually, that can make their future more brighter than what we have accomplished.” Ellie told her with a certain look on her face.

Victoria thought of it. She was convinced her friend’s idea would bring good deals to their business.

“Our children will someday become like us too. Maybe we're depriving them of their freedom to choose a partner, but that won't be the case if we convince them to become a couple, and I think that won't be a problem. They are good friends. They just need a little push from us... Dylan is a smart and handsome boy. I know you raised him well. Don't let all your efforts go to waste by letting him be with a wrong partner.” Ellie insisted.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

When Rose turned her back to leave, she was surprised to see Max standing behind her. She quickly composed herself and acted normal. She approached him and grabbed his hand. Then, without saying a word, she dragged him and took him in front of her room.

“What are you still doing here?” she asked when she faced him.

He didn't answer right away. “You forgot your phone in the car.” he said, showing the phone in his hand.