••☆ Chapter 26: "Wonderful Gifts" (Part 2) ☆••

For a week, Serena continued to visit Dylan at their house

For a week, Serena continued to visit Dylan at their house. She decided to stay in New York for good, so she could carry on with her plans. She was holding strong on her beauty as her only card to win him over.

On those days, she also prepared a special present for him on his birthday.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

The day before Dylan's birthday, he sent Max an invitation. He was aware of his big ego, but since he didn't want to disappoint Rose again, he forced himself to swallow his pride for her.

- Hey, dinner party tomorrow night here at my place. Come over. Let's talk -

To his surprise, he received a quick reply from him.

- Sure -

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

The next day, before their dinner, Rose took Dylan to the Trinity Church.

"Hi, Mr. Gus" she greeted the old man.

"Rose! Hello, my child. Oh, you have a company. Is he your jellybean?" he asked.

She cringed. "Jellybean?"

Dylan chuckled.

"He's not my jellybean, whatever that means. He's my boss." she clarified.

"Just for now, sir. In a few months, I'll be her jellybean, and she'll be my skittle." Dylan said, still chuckling.

She cringed again.

"Now I know what you wished for the last time you were here." Mr. Gus said.

"Gramps..." Rose reacted, feeling embarrassed.

Dylan covered his mouth with his fist trying to hold back his laughter.

"Go ahead, kids. Watch your steps." the old man told them.

Rose carefully assisted Dylan on the stairs.

"How high it is?" he asked.

"285 feet" she answered.

"Whoa, that's very high." he reacted.

When they reached the belfry, she took him near the open window. He quickly felt the strong wind on his face.

"When I'm here, I feel closer to heaven... Go ahead. Ask God for a wish." she urged.

Dylan came closer to window and held on the sill. "If God can hear me right now, I wish He will bless me a brighter life with the person who showed me, despite my blindness, the beauty beyond any richness and wealth. Help me prove to her... that hearts can also see." he said, facing the wide blue sky.