••☆ Chapter 23: "Beautiful Rival" (Part2) ☆••

The next day, Serena came back alone

The next day, Serena came back alone. Like the other day, she volunteered to assist Dylan. While they were in the living room, Rose approached them. "Sorry to disturb you. I just want to tell my boss I'll go out to see a friend." she told them.

After Dylan heard that, he turned his head to Serena. "Serena, can you please get me a glass of water?" he requested.

She was hesitant, but she still obeyed. "Okay"

When she left, Dylan turned his head back to Rose. "You're not talking about Max, right?" he asked.

"I thought we're done with this... No, I'll meet a girl. She heard about what happened to us. She wants to see me." she answered, sounding a bit irritated.

"Sorry... Maybe I'm just being paranoid. Um, where? Are you sure you can go by yourself?" he asked in a concerned tone.

"I'll be fine. We'll just meet at a café along Bleecker street. That's not very far from here." she answered.

"All right, don't stay out too late. You know it's not safe to walk alone outside nowadays." he reminded her.

"Okay, I'll go now." she replied.

He nodded.

When Rose left the house, Serena came out from hiding behind the display cabinet. She didn't leave the living room. She stayed and listened to their conversation.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

While Dylan was taking a shower, Serena sneaked inside Rose's room. There, she searched around to find anything valuable.

Beside the bed, she spotted a violin case leaning against the drawer. She took it and opened it.

Provoked, she snatched the pair of scissors on the vanity table. She stared at the violin for a moment, then she cut the strings one by one.

When she's done, she closed the case and put it back to where she took it. Then, she walked to the door and left the room like nothing happened.

Bridgette was at the kitchen door when she went out of the room.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

At a small restaurant, Rose approached her friend at her table. "Hey, Rose! Oh my god, long time no see." she greeted when she saw her.