••☆ Chapter 24: "Stupid Mistake" (Part 2) ☆••

He released her and slowly got up from the bed

He released her and slowly got up from the bed. He could still hear her weeping. It was the first time he'd heard her cry. That time, he finally returned to his senses. He realized what he had done and he felt terrible.

“Rose?” he called in a low and tense voice, then he carefully traced her arm with his hand.

“Get away from me” she said under her cries.

“I was… I was just…” He could not think properly. He did not know what to say.

“I said get your fucking ass away from me!” she yelled when he tried to touch her again. Then, she got up from the bed and ran to the door.

“Rose!” Dylan called, then he heard the door shut.

Three housemaids were at the back of the door including Bridgette when Rose went out of the room.

“What's happening, Rose?” Bridgette asked nervously.

She did not answer. She ignored them and continued to run away supporting her arm. She headed to the front door and left the house.

Dylan was left alone in the room full of uncertain thoughts and heavy feelings inside of him. He could not believe he did that awful thing to her. His heart was pounding with fear.

"Damn it" he muttered, then he took his phone out of his pocket and called his friend.

Max answered right away. “Yo, why’d you call?”

“Don't lie to me, Max... Did you meet Rose today?” he asked tensely.

“No. You told me she went to see her friends. Why'd you ask?” Max answered.

Dylan hung up without answering. He dropped his hand down, then his body began to sweat. His heart kept pounding really fast and his mind wouldn't stop thinking intrusive thoughts.

Enraged, he smashed his phone on the floor and screamed.

That night, he walked around the house calling for her.

Bridgette was too scared to approach him in that state, but she later took pity on him. He'd been looking for Rose for almost an hour already. When she saw a chance, she summoned up her courage and forced her feet to walk towards her distressed boss.

“Um… Sir? ...Rose left the house. She’s not here.” she told him in a shaky voice.

After he heard that, he became more agitated thinking that he made her leave the house at night alone.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

Rose felt very cold as she was walking alone on a dark footpath. She still had no idea why Dylan suddenly acted that way to her. When she could no longer take the pain from her incision, she decided to call for help. She took her phone out of her pocket and called the only person she knew who would not hesitate to help her.