••☆ Chapter 20: "Rich Guy" (Part1) ☆••

Elise wiped off her tears as she was pouring hot water into the tea cups

Elise wiped off her tears as she was pouring hot water into the tea cups. Then, she lifted the tray and put it on the table. Rose noticed her blank expression.

"I don't know... I don't know if I can still find forgiveness in me. I don't care how much money your parents can get in their pockets to pay off what you've done to me. There's nothing in this world can bring back my daughter." she said, seething with anger. Her voice was still full of hatred. She pulled a chair and sat down heavily.

Rose shifted her eyes to Dylan. He held on the table, then he suddenly dropped his knees on the floor. She was shocked.

"Please... I'm really very sorry. I truly am... It doesn't have to be now... I can wait. I just..." He was cut off while talking when a strong slap came to his face.

Rose was about to get him when Elise started to cry. "That's for taking my child from me. (gasped) I forgive you if that's what you want, but never show your face to me ever again!"

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

Dylan was quiet until they reached the bus shelter. They sat on the seats while waiting for their ride.

"Are you all right?" Rose asked in a concerned tone.

"I'm fine... Do you think she's serious about forgiving me?" he asked, sounding sad and uncertain.

"Just give her some time. I think, somehow, she saw how sorry you are." she answered.

He turned his head to her. "My face hurts."

She got up from her seat and checked his left cheek. "Yeah, that slap was solid. I can see a perfect print of her fingers on your face."

"Really?" he asked in a worried tone.

"I didn't expect the kneeling part you did back there. That was totally epic." she commented, sniggering.

"My knees were actually trembling at that time." he admitted.

"They say only brave men can kneel." she told him.

He raised his head. "I will kneel in front of you one day."

"And why would you do that?" she asked in a suspicious tone.

"Just wait for it." he answered, smiling. Then, he pulled her coat and put his arms around her waist.

She assumed he was cold, so she let him.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

On Rose's day off, she went to the shopping center to look for something she could give to Dylan. A few days ago, he demanded a Christmas gift from her.