••☆ Chapter 12: "Weird Touch" (Part1) ☆••

The next day, at seven forty eight in the morning, Dylan's phone rang

Him: "Hello"

Her: "Dylan, I can't come today." (stuffy nose)

Him: "Why? Are you sick?"

Her: "Yeah" (low voice)

Him: "I knew it." (slightly upset)

Her: "I just need some rest. I'll see you tomorrow. Bye."

Him: "Wait... Rose?"

Dylan was restless the whole day. Guilt kept bugging him. He knew he was responsible for what had happened to her. He tried to call her back in the afternoon, but she was not answering.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

The next day, Rose didn't show up until late in the morning. Dylan called her several times, but she was still not answering her phone. He was bothered knowing she was alone in her apartment. In the afternoon, he called Max for help. He came in just less than half an hour.

"She's not answering my calls since yesterday." Dylan told him as they were heading to Horde street.

"Why did you let her go out in the rain?" he asked in an upset tone.

"I warned her, but she insisted." Dylan reasoned regretfully.

When they arrived at the apartment building, Max assisted Dylan on the stairs until they reached Rose's room door.

Max knocked gently. "Rose? It's Max. I'm with Dylan." he called, but she did not answer. "Are you sure this is the right room?" he asked his friend.

"Yeah, I've been here before." he told him.

Max furrowed his forehead thinking why would he go to his helper's apartment.

"I'll try to call her again." Dylan said.

When it rang, they also heard a ring inside the room. They were both certain it was Rose's phone ringing. As they were knocking and calling her name anxiously outside her room, the door behind them opened.

"Oh, I remember you. You're Rose's boss, aren't you? Are you here to visit her again?" an old woman asked.

Dylan remembered her voice. It was Sonia. "Did she go somewhere?"