••☆ Chapter 4: "New Helper" (Part1) ☆••

Dylan stayed for another fifteen minutes in his car thinking what he would do

Dylan stayed for another fifteen minutes in his car thinking what he would do. He was very pissed and angry. He could not believe he was left alone in the middle of the city while he was crippled.

After a few more minutes, he had enough. He grabbed his walking stick and got out of his car. From there, he began to walk slowly on every flat surface his feet would feel.

"Hey... hey, mister!"

Someone grabbed his arm and pulled him.

"You're going to the middle of the road." a stranger told him.

"Oh, can you take me to the sidewalk?" Dylan requested.

The man did. "There you go, buddy. Take care." He tapped his shoulder, then he left.

"Oh, hey! Wait! Can I borrow your phone?" Dylan called, but he didn't hear a response.

"Oh, great" he murmured, then he continued to walk.

On his way, he bumped several times into trash bins, lamp posts, walls, store standees and even into some people walking in the opposite direction. He tried to ask for help, but no one answered him.

After walking for almost an hour, he felt tired.

"Damn it. I'm going nowhere." he mumbled.

"Hello? Is anyone there? Can you help me? I need help here. Hello!" he called, still no one answered him.

"Fine! You don't want to help a blind guy? You're all good people. Thank you very much!" he barked in a loud and sarcastic tone, then he sighed and walked again.

After another couple of minutes in an unknown place, his feet bumped into something again.

"Hey! Are you blind?" A female voice glowered. "Asshole" she muttered.

Dylan was annoyed, so he took off his sunglasses. "Yes, miss. Unfortunately, I am."

"Oh, you are... What a blind guy doing in this place?" she asked.

"Why? What is this place?" he asked in a bothered tone.

"You're here in the State Pavilion. This is an abandoned place." she answered.

"Huh? I'm in an abandoned place? ...No wonder no one answered me when I was calling for help." he replied.

"Oh, shit. I'm gonna be late. I have to go." she said.

"Oh no, wait! Wait, don't go! Please, I need your help." he begged.

When he didn't hear from her, he gave up. He slumped on the pavement and facepalmed. "Damn it" he muttered.

"Are you lost, blind guy?" She returned.

Dylan quickly raised his head when he heard her. "Yes, yes, I am... and I'm really tired. Someone stole my card and my phone, and I don't know what to do... Please, help me. I don't want to spend the night out here alone." he pleaded in a weary voice.