••☆ Chapter 10: "Wrong Direction" (Part1) ☆••

At night, after they spent a few hours around the bonfire, Mr

At night, after they spent a few hours around the bonfire, Mr. Leonard called it a day and told everyone to go to their tents and sleep. Rose assisted Dylan to his.

"Is there anything else you need?" she asked before leaving.

"Is your tent next to mine?" he asked.

"Yes. Just call me out if a savage bear attacks you." she joked, but in a serious tone.

"It better be." he replied firmly.

"I'll zip-up your door now. I'll wake you up at 6 A.M. I'm not sleepy yet. I'll stay by the lake for a while." she told him. After she secured his tent, she went to the lake with a camp lamp.

"Hey, Rose. Where're ya going?" Max called.

"To the lakeshore" she answered.

"Can I join you?" he asked.

"Sure" she agreed.

Dylan overheard them.

Rose and Max went together to the shore of the lake and sat on a clear ground.

"It's in times like this you will feel connected to the other side of the world. Don't you think?" Rose asked.

Max looked at her. "What do you mean?"

"I honestly don't understand it either, but I think there's beyond what our eyes can see... Have you ever wondered why the stars are up there? Or why a person can't breathe underwater while a fish can? Or why trees can grow way taller than us in years? ...There are so many wonders around us that we can't see." she explained.

Max was staring at her glowing face as she was talking. He was hooked by her awe and fascination with the things around her. "Do you believe there's a God?" he asked.

She looked at him.

He saw the fullness of her face when the yellow light coming from the lamp flashed at her.

"Yes, and I badly want to meet him because I have a lot of questions to ask." she answered with a smile.

He smiled too. "You'll meet him one day. We'll all do."

"You're right. It will be a long wait though." she replied, then she turned her head and looked back at the lake.

"Um... Can I ask you something?" he requested.