••☆ Chapter 25: "Awful Regret" (Part 2) ☆••

Max dragged Serena to the third floor balcony

“What are you doing?” she complained in an irritated tone.

“Don’t you even try to deny it... You’re behind it, aren’t you?” he asked, looking at her suspiciously.

She quitted pretending and raised an eyebrow. “You should thank me. I gave you a little time with her, but you know what? ...You’re stupid. You let your chance go. You shouldn’t have let them be together again.” she protested.

“I’m not like you. I will not destroy someone and be selfish for my own good. I would rather let her go, than to see her unhappy with me.” he replied.

“And then what, huh? ...You’ll keep all the pain to yourself and cry real Jesus tears under your bed sheet?... Wow! You’re very generous. You deserve an award for idiots.” she said sarcastically.

“At least my conscience is clean. At least I didn’t let my selfish and desperate self take over me, and win because I deceived the person I love.” he argued calmly.

“Then, you’re right. We’re really different.” she replied, raising an eyebrow.

“Did the surgeries that were done on you also changed your attitude towards other people? ...Because you’re no longer the Serena we once knew.” he told her.

She only looked at him and didn’t give an answer.

Max left her alone after their conversation.

☆••••○○●○○••••☆

“Serena thought she saw you with Max.” Dylan said in a shameful voice.

“And you believed her? ...You believed that out of nowhere, she saw another girl with bright blue hair like mine with a guy who bears a resemblance to Max?” she asked in an upset tone.

He felt her disappointment in
her voice. “I know you think I'm stupid. Yes, I shouldn’t have believed her, but my head got polluted when she told me you and Max were kissing.” he reasoned.

“What?” she reacted in a shocked tone. After she heard that, she became more irritated with his childhood friend. After what she did to her violin, she couldn't believe she made up a story about her and Max to fool Dylan.

“Hey, I’m really sorry. Please come back home with me.” he pleaded.

“I can’t just leave Max after what he did for me.” she replied.