••☆ Chapter 28: "Sad Truth" (Part 1) ☆••

In the morning, Dylan woke up early

In the morning, Dylan woke up early. Rose was still sleeping beside him. While he was waiting for her to wake up, he became curious about what had happened to her the other day.

After almost an hour, she finally woke up.

“Good morning” he greeted. He was sitting on the top of the bed leaning against the headboard.

“How long have you been awake?” she asked.

“Not long... What happened to you yesterday?” he asked in a concerned tone.

She rose from the bed and sat beside him. “I met someone who knew my parents.”

“Really?” he reacted in a surprised tone.

“Yeah… She’s my mother’s best friend. She told me they were nice people. They were good parents, and they loved me very much.” she told him in a subdued voice. “I visited their graves. I saw their names. My mom was only 28 and my dad was 29. They were very young.” She paused. “I was only 5 when they died. My aunt and her husband took me after the funeral. They have three biological children. They were nice to me, but that didn't last very long. When I started to attend school, I began to feel isolated. My aunt would shout at me and hit me with her hand. After nine years with them, I had enough, so I ran away. I was only 14 when I chose the path to live by myself. I went from place to place and used different names, so they could not find me. I met a few friends on the streets. They taught me how to survive a solo living. I worked at night and went to school on the day… Last night, I kept thinking what my life would be right now if my parents didn’t die.”

Dylan felt sad as he was listening to her story. He never thought there's more to what he already knew about her. “I’m happy and grateful I met you.” he told her softly. At that time, he was thinking that if her life didn’t change, she probably wouldn’t be there with him.

“I will admit something to you… The first time we met was not an accident. When you entered the pavilion, I already saw you with my camera. I even took a few shots of you. Then, I noticed you're blind. I followed you for a while. I thought you’re funny, so I did a little drama. I didn’t expect that would turned out into this.” she revealed.

He turned his head to her. “Really? You mean we met because you became interested in me first?” he asked, smiling scornfully.

“Not really” she disagreed.

“Don’t deny it. You really like me all this time.” he claimed.

She chuckled. “You're too full of yourself.”

He put his arm on her shoulders and pulled her close. “Fine, if you don’t want to spill out the obvious truth. Whether you admit it or not, you’ll end up with me anyway.” he said confidently. “Let’s visit your parents when my sight is back. I want to meet them.” he told her.