••☆ Chapter 30: "Painful Choice" (Part 1) ☆••

Dylan walked heavily to his bed

Dylan walked heavily to his bed. He was very nervous and worried. He slowly bent down and took the folded paper. He was very scared to know what's inside it. He kept it in his hand for a while and opened the box first. When he saw what's inside it, he confirmed his suspicion. It was the camera set he gave to Rose.

At that moment, every beat of his heart felt like sharp stabs in his chest. His hands began to tremble. He didn't want to know what's in the paper anymore, but he knew he had to, or he would be stuck in that state. He closed his eyes for a moment and let out a deep breath. Then, he slowly lifted the paper and opened it.

~ Dylan, if you're reading this letter, it means you can finally use your eyes again. I'm really very happy for you. Yet, it also means, I'm no longer there. I know you will never forgive me for this, but I still want to say I'm sorry. I didn't leave because I don't love you. I actually do, but that's also the reason why I have to go. I've thought of it countless times. I tried to picture myself with you. I tried to convince myself I can be the person for you, but no matter how much I insist myself into your world, I still can't feel I belong... I'm ashamed for leaving you like this and for causing you so much pain, but this is the right thing for both of us. If not now, I'm sure one day, you will realize that too... I thank God because he gave me a chance to feel what love is with you. Like what we've promised, I will never love another man in my life again, but you, you must go on. Forget me and find happiness with someone else. Someone who can do more in return for your love... I'll pray for you every night. God will watch over you for me. Goodbye, Dylan. You're my first and last love. I'll keep that in my heart forever. ~

Dylan blasted out of his room after he read the letter. His eyes ached because of the tears coming out of them.

"Dylan, what's happening to you?" Mrs. Walton asked in a worried tone.

He didn't stop. He snatched his car key from the bowl and ran fast to the garage. Mr. and Mrs. Walton followed him. He quickly got into his car and roared it.

"Dylan! Dylan, where are you going?" Mrs. Walton called as she was trying to stop him.

He ignored them. He kicked the gas pedal and drove off at high speed.

"Oh god" Mrs. Walton mumbled in fear.

Dylan looked at every street, alley and bus shelter along the road from his car. He tried to call her, but her phone was unattended. He didn't know what she looked like, so he focused on finding a girl with blue hair.

His eyes wouldn't stop shedding tears as he was frantically searching for her. They ached so much, but he didn't mind it.

Fear, disappointment and questions began to bug him, but he still forced himself to hope he would find her.

When he arrived at the nearest subway station, he got out of his car and ran inside. At the ticket booths, on the platforms, and in the waiting areas, he desperately looked for her. His eyes were still adjusting, but he forced them to look clearer and further.