••☆ Chapter 25: "Awful Regret" (Part1) ☆••

Dylan calmed himself down

Dylan calmed himself down. He didn't want to make his mistake worse than what it already was. He released Serena's wrist and composed himself. "Listen, I appreciate all your help, but your job with me is over." he told her firmly.

"What? ...Why?" she asked in an upset tone.

"It's complicated. I have a reason, but that's none of your business." he replied.

She let out a deep breath. "I'm really sorry, okay? I didn't mean to give you a wrong idea... and why are you overacting? Rose is just a cheap helper." she ranted.

"Don't call her cheap. You don't know her. Rose is missing because my stupid ass believed you without thinking how possible you coincidently saw a girl with a blue hair with a guy that looks like Max in the same place where we were at the time we're just chillin' on our seat." he replied in a mean and regretful tone.

"I can't believe you're arguing with me right now because of that girl. Fine, if you don't want my help anymore, but you can't just shoo me because of her. I'm your friend. She's just a helper." she insisted.

He became more annoyed at her stubbornness.

"Um... Excuse me, sir. I remember, Ma'am Victoria gave me a list of phone numbers to call in case something happened to you. I think your friend's number is in there too." Bridgette said when she got a chance to speak.

"Really? ...Well, go ahead. Get it." Dylan commanded.

Bridgette ran to the pantry. When she returned, she quickly dialled the number. It rang. "Sir, it's ringing." she told her boss.

"Give it to me." he said, reaching his hand.

She handed the telephone handset to him.

Dylan: "Max? ...Max, I need your help. Rose left the house last night. She hasn't come back yet. I don't know where she is right now. Help me find her." (worried)

Max: "She's with me." (calm)

Dylan: "W-What?" (shocked)

Max: "Don't worry about her. She's fine with me."

After Max said that, he hung up.

Serena could see the tormented look on Dylan's face while he was on the phone. She guessed he found out that Rose was with his friend.