CHAPTER 4.2: Her Name Card

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Jungkook has just set the table for lunch when his brother knocks on his door.

His brother's name is Namjoon and they are born as full blooded brothers despite having different surnames. According to family tradition, his parents have decided that one son will follow the father's surname while another son follows the mother's surname.

Father >>Prof Jeon or Old Jeon- teaches civil engineering and is currently a guest professor in a college in Japan. Mother - Prof Kim >> is a specialist of folk literature and folk songs, and is currently seconded to work at Seoul.Despite the physical distance, the family has agreed to meet online over lunch today, but as internet facilities are not so good where Prof Kim is currently, they are only able to teleconference Prof Jeon.

When the brothers are seated, Jungkook waves a remote and their Dad's face appears on screen.

Old Jeon is very excited: "My dear sons! We have not met in such a long time!"

Jungkook corrects him: "Dad, we just conferenced last weekend."

Namjoon: "Old Man, you have only been in Japan for a short while. Why have your accent changed?"

"What do you know? This is the latest internet talk.... Come on, show dad what you are eating."

Jungkook waves another remote and a new window appears on the screen. The camera does a sweep of the food on the table and projected the images in the new window - bamboo shoots salad, simmered spinach with egg, prawn dumplings, sweet and sour pork ribs, fish soup with tofu.

Namjoom picks up a piece of delicious-looking honeyed rib and admires the steam coming off its sesame-coated exterior. Biting into the sweet and tangy meat, he asks: "Is this a new camera? the image quality is quite good."

Jungkook: "No. I modified the existing camera."

Namjoon: "You have too much free time, I think your balls must be aching."

After the sweep, the camera goes back to its original position and the screen display switches back to normal.

Old Jeon: "These are all my favorite food! How cruel can you get?"

Namjoon happily chews his rib an exaggerated manner. After he swallows his meat, he asks: "Old Man, what are you eating? Come show us?"

A plate of sushi, fruits and miso soup appears onscreen.

At Namjoon's laughter, Proff Jeon gets even more indignant. "Just wait and see you two!"ಠωಠ

Not feeling the least bit threatened, the sons continue with their lunch and chit-chat with dad. When Prof Jeon asks about Jungkook's matchmaking sessions, Namjoon tells his dad that jungkook has been meeting a lot of girls recently.

Not wanting to take it lying down, Jungkool retaliates : "Of course. Not only do I need to find my own girl, I need to help look out for Elder Brother too."

Prof Jeon chided Namjoon and the latter decides to cut down on his teasing.

Namjoon to his dad: "When are you coming back?"

Old Jeon: "The holidays."

Namjoon nodded and said: "Remember to bring us some local souvenirs."

Prof Jeon gives his question some thought and sends him a meaningful look after a long pause... "Ok."

Dad must have misunderstood, Namjoon thinks.

When they are done with lunch and are ready to log off, Old Jeon says: "Number One. Look after Number Two. Do not let him be bullied by others."

"Ok."

"Number Two. Keep an eye on Number One. Do not let him bully others."

"....Ok."

When Prof Jeon disappears onscreen, Namjoon grabs Jungkook's bowl. "So, you do not like your match making sessions?"

"Not really." In truth, jungkook is really not against all the match-making sessions - he has written a programme and he needs the validate its accuracy with the outcome of all his meetings. Once he has perfected his software, why, he will be able to know if a girl is compatible with him without even stepping out of the door! When he told Namjoon about this, Namjoon nearly raps him on the head - and to think he thinks his brother has finally seen the light!

Namjoon remembers something and hands Jungkook a name card. "Here. I have ordered a car for you and it will be ready for collection in a few days. I may not be able to go to the car shop that day so if you are balls-aching free, do pick up your own car. If your balls are not aching, I will do it for you when I'm back. This is the sales lady to look for if you choose to collect the car yourself. Quite a nice person."

Jungkook scans the card. And there he saw a Printed on the cream-coloured card is a logo and a familiar Face - Miss Lalisa Manoban.

•─────────·𖥸·─────────•