SPECIAL CHAPTER 9

-𝗗𝗿𝘂𝗻𝗸𝘀𝗲́-

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Namjoon is not stupid. After taking in his dislike for Chanyeol, the way he pay attention to her words, her thoughts, he knows he has started to fall for her. But why this lunapig? Has his taste in women dropped? More importantly, how could she have overlooked a rich, single, eligible bachelor like himself over that shady Park Chanyeol? Isn’t this woman’s taste in man questionable too?

His reluctance made him irritable and for the next few days, he finds fault with everyone and everything, especially Rosé.But once he gets accustomed to his feelings, he decides to face the problem head-on and spend time to think about how to make her his…..

********

Unknowing of the going-ons in her Man God’s mind, Rosé calls Chanyeol the moment she gets back to her desk. She asks him outright if he is spying on their company and is answered by his silence. Although she is disappointed, she cannot find the heart to scold him for she believes that his concern for her should still be genuine.

When he finally answers, it is only to say: “I am leaving now.”

“Oh… you… take care then.”

“Do you want to see me off? Perhaps you may not get the chance again in future.”

This time, it is her turn to be silent and he sighs.

After some hesitation, she did see him off in the end. He left quietly with a small box containing his personal stuff. She follows him to the carpark and watches as he puts his things into the boot of his car before turning to look at her.

She pushes her hair behind her ear, not quite knowing what to say. She cannot get over the suspicion that he has intentionally use relationship as a guise to get close to her, so she can only remain quiet. His smile to her is a little bitter. “If I say I have never plan to make use of you, will you believe me?”

When she only looks at him, he continues. “Rosé, I really like you.”

She opens her mouth but still cannot find the words.

“There is no need for you to be troubled over this. I know you are not in love with me and although I do not know whom you like, it is my hope that you end up with him if that is what makes you happy. Rosé, I have my reasons for doing what I did and if I have to pay a price, I have no regrets. My only regret is that my actions made you to doubt my feelings for you. My liking for you is real, real to the point where I cannot get myself to make use of you.”

With this, he left.

To Rosé, his exit did not really cause a big ripple to her life. But she did despair for a while over ever falling in love with another man. Without an answer, Rosé can only try to bury herself at work. Sometimes, she will still make a discreet pass at Namjoon and if she succeeds, she would glee to herself silently. But is it her imagination that Boss Kim seems to going along with her more and more often when she makes a pass?

One day, when Rosé is getting ready to go home after putting in some overtime, she spots Namjoon along the corridor in front of her. They are probably the last people in the office and she sees this as her chance to take revenge on him for scaring her the last time. Creeping up behind him, she is about to pounce on him when he detects a presence behind him and turns around suddenly. With a quick move, he twists her arm behind her, rendering her immobile. “Wait, wait! Don’t be agitated. I’m from your camp!”