CHAPTER 12: My Big Boss Is

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Jungkook buys the two ladies dinner at a Southern Restaurant that evening. Southern dishes are usually quite petite so they order 6 dishes to be shared among the 3 of them. Now that Rosé is more familiar with Jungkook, she is no longer so cautious around him and even insist that they take a group selfie of their "sister besties" when their dishes are served.

Jungkook is not amused. "I am not your sister."

"Ok, of course you are not! You are the manliest of man, the fighter jet among guns!"

Satisfied with her answer, Jungkook walks over to for the group photograph.

But when Rosé looks at their picture, she nearly cries. She is in the middle with Lisa and Jungkook flanking her like a pair of guardians. She is a pretty girl in her own right but when placed between two gorgeous people like Lisa and Jungkook, she looks like a mountain village auntie in comparison. How can she circulate such a picture?

Luckily, she has a photo app and being an honest person (it just never crosses her mind actually), she does not photoshop the picture to make herself look better. Instead, she sticks a monkey-head over both Lisa and Jungkook ... and there! The photo looks so much better now!

^_________^

After dinner, Lisa and Jungkook part ways with Rosé at the metro. When they reach their apartment, the security guard passes a package to Jungkook.

Jungkook explains that the package is pomelo tea but Lisa is already too used to him by then to be surprised - this is a guy who drinks milk and eats cotton candy after all . When they reach their landing, Jungkook asks: "Do you want to come over and try some tea?"

Has it been any other guy, Lisa will have hesitated. But this is Jungkook.... besides it is only eight and she has nothing on anyway so she goes to his apartment. Jungkook disappears into the kitchen to make tea while Lisa goes to the living room to wait and watch some tv.

Schrödinger watches lazily from the sofa as Lisa approaches. He has tried to shoo this woman away before but this woman is too thick-skinned to heed him so he has decided to ignore her going forward. But Lisa apparently thinks otherwise and plants her big bum next to him. Thinking that she may be here to pick a fight, Schrödinger narrows his eyes at her.

Lisa taps his head. "Hello. Do you want to pick a fight?"

Schrödinger retreats a step. "Meow!"

Lisa teases him. "Yo, you seem angry. Come and fight me, fight with me!"

"Meow!" Of course Schrödinger will not pick a fight with someone so much bigger than him but his haughty expression never slips an inch as he maintains his pride. Lisa is not satisfied and taps his head again. "You little eunuch..... You do know that you are the eunuch around here and not the emperor right? So why did you pretend to be one, eh? Confess! you are the one who spoilt His Majesty's clothes right? Do you know how much his clothes cost? You are lucky His Majesty is benevolent and did not skin your hide!"

Jungkook overhears her remark as he walks into the living room and he can't help but sigh in wonder. Here in his living room are two creatures who do not know each other's language and yet are able to squabble with each other. What a pair!

Suddenly, he thinks he can understand how a man feels when he is the sole-breadwinner in the family. The pressure of dealing with household imbeciles is tremendous indeed....

(ー_ー゛)

"Tsk...tsk....tsk"

* * * * * *

The next day at work, Lisa receives news that their Big Boss is coming and that she is to gather all her staff to greet Big Boss at the show room at 10.30am. When they are all gathered, she sees Big Boss for the first time - and nearly faints. Mama Mia! How did Big Boss turns out to be Kim Taehyung?

Lisa has not forgotten that the last time they meet, she has dumped him unceremoniously at a deserted roadside with 2 dollars. On the bright side, he has his phone with him so it is likely he called someone to drive him back that day, but even so, it does not negate the humiliation of her dumping him.

Fortunately, he acts like nothing has happened when she greets him and she gives a temporary sigh of relief. Once Big Boss disappears with GM to the office, she ignores the buzz of discussion in the showroom and goes to the backroom to message Rosé before she breaks down totally. Rosé is probably busy for she did not reply. In desperation she texts Jungkook: Gguk! I am going to be fired! (〒﹏〒)

His replies within the minute: Ok

That's it? She texts again: Are you busy?

Jungkook: No.

Lisa: You cannot be bothered with me? (╰_╯)#

Jungkook: Not true.

Lisa: Then say something to comfort me quick!

Jungkook: Actually, it is not a big deal.

Lisa: How can you say that! I am going to lose my job! I am going to go hungry!

Jungkook: I can take care of your meals.

Looking at his reply, Lisa can feel some of her tension fading away. She reads his reply one more time and her mouth curls up unconsciously. "This guy really does not know how to comfort people and yet he calls me dumb".

•─────────·𖥸·─────────•