CHAPTER 10: I Already Made Myself Clear

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Lisa does not remember how she left Jungkook's apartment. Physically, she is back at her sofa but mentally, her thoughts are still at his place...

So...

Really ...

The truth is ...

Damn it! She should have realized that all good men have already been taken!

Her feelings on the discovery are pretty complex. Shock, yes, plus disappointment at his ready admission. But in all fairness, Jungkook makes such a great house-wife, even she does not know of any woman who can compare with him. But why is the person who benefit still a man?

In addition, there is also a bit of jealousy in the mix. It is a bit weird since he is not a woman (but then, he is not exactly a man in that sense either right?). It is a bit hard to explain but the feeling is like seeing another smarter, more beautiful, more capable, person finding her happiness before herself.

She knows she should not be so harsh in her thinking. Although Jungkook is beautiful and virtuous, he is not a sissy and behaves normally. If she has to describe him, she will say that he is like the winter sunshine - his rays may not be hot or scorching but they are bright and clear, definitely enough to warm a person.

Yes, she really should not be so narrow-minded. Love is a wonderful thing and there is no gender difference before its presence. Liking something or someone is purely personal. What right does she have to judge?

But even if she is now reconciled with his sexual orientation, it does not mean that she is happy for Rosé's far-fetch theory to be proven the truth. Since when has her friend's predictions been so accurate?

Picking up her phone, she texts Rosé: I hate you!

Rosé: So you have finally learnt the truth.

Lisa: (╰_╯)#

Rosé: Darling, hear me out. Although the child is not yours, my love for you is true(^3^).

Faces with a friend this wacky, what else can Lisa say?

* * * * * * * *

When she reaches office the next day, Lisa receives a phone call which makes her happy - Taehyung will be coming to test drive the R8 in the afternoon.

She smells business.

Something tells her that Kim Taehyung is wealthy. If everything works out, he may just decide to buy the car today. It does not cross her mind - or rather she is not so egoistical to think - that this is merely his excuse to see her again. For successful men like him, it is no uncommon to buy a mistress. Since she has express her disinterest, well, there is really no shortage of willing beauties around so why would he insists?

Old Wang calls her into his office. "Who is the customer that you are arranging a test drive on such short notice? Is he good-looking? Are you thinking of harassing him?"

Having worked with him for so long, Lisa handles his accusations with ease. "I have explained many times that the last time was a misunderstanding. If not, why has the customer not taken back his deposit?"

"I am not doubting you. I just want to remind you to behave and stay out of trouble."

Lisa smiles. "What mischief can I get myself into? You must be joking."

"Anyway, I heard that our Big Boss may be coming to observe our operations, so be on guard. As for the harassment complaint, I will help to manage Boss on that end. Ha, ha, if all else fails, I can at least help you fight for a better dismissal package."