CHAPTER 57: Birthday Sex🔞

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

When Lisa gets home, Mrs.Manoban tries to find out more about her "friend". Her parents suspect that Lisa had a tiff with her boyfriend and that the man is now here to make peace. When Lisa only smile without giving them a direct reply, her parents did not press and leave it to her to tell them more when she is ready.

Lisa has no intention of letting her parents meet Jungkook until she has reach a conclusion. She sounds them out about City B and their views on the city is that it is a good place for vacation but a poor place to stay due to its dense population and pollution problem. Hearing their answer, Lisa becomes more torn. How can she make her parents leave a place they have been staying for decades for her own gain?

The next evening, she is still mulling over her options when she spots Jungkook from her bedroom window. He is scanning her apartment block as if looking for someone and she opens her window to call him. Immediately, she is greeted by a wind so strong that it contorts her face. "What are you doing?"

The wind blows her words away but he manages to spot her nonetheless. Just then, fat raindrops start to fall from the sky and Lisa shouts as she points to the sky. "It is raining! Stop standing there like an idiot and seek some shelter!"

With the combination of rain and wind, all the more Jungkook cannot hear her and he just stares at her.

Sighing to herself, Lisa grabs an umbrella and goes down to fetch him. As he follows her up the stairs to her home, he explains. "I am sorry, I am here because I just figured out something. I did not know that it will rain so suddenly and I have no intention to visit your home in this manner." At least, he would have brought presents.

Lisa gets him to take a hot shower and let him change into a dry set of her father's clothes. By then, her parents have been alerted to a guest in the house and Mr.Manaoban prepares a cup of hot ginger tea for him so that he does not catch a cold. As he takes the cup from his potential father-in-law, Jungkook is so touched that he keeps thanking him.

Looking at the two youngsters, Mr. and Mrs.Manoban shake their heads inwardly. Who says that this generation is worse than their generation? Why, just look at the way these two are making each other suffer, seems like they are even more skilled compared to the old days. Despite so, both find Jungkook courteous and gentlemanly, and leave the living room for the 2 youngsters to sort out their issues.

Jungkook is enjoying his ginger tea as if it is a bowl of ginseng soup, and Lisa jogs his arm to get his attention. "Have you taken leave of your senses?"

He puts down his ginger tea and looks at her seriously. "I have just figured it out."

"What have you figured out?"

"Lisa, I can't bear to see you put between a rock and the deep blue sea."

Although she is not sure of his exact meaning, his words sound like a romantic declaration of sorts and sends a sweet tingle through her. "What exactly have you figured out?"

"Let me state that I will not accept a long-distance relationship. If we remain together, either you move to City B or I move. There is no third option. If staying in City B puts you in a spot, then let me move to here with you ."

"Are you crazy?"

"I am not crazy. I have given this serious thought. There are universities in here in your hometown and I can do my research and teach just as well from here. It is only a 4 hours and 28 minutes flight distance from City B and we can visit my dad and mom in City B regularly besides keeping touch through web chat. With technology, it is possible to shrink the distance between people."