SPECIAL CHAPTER 8

-𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗻𝘆𝗲𝗼𝗹-

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡

The next time Rosé sees Chanyeol, she tries to find out if his manager has made things difficult for him in the office. Chanyeol tells her no and ask about the reason for her concern.

Rosé nearly tells him about what Namjoon said to his manager, but held back in the end. What she has overheard is part of a management discussion and her professional ethics does not allow her to diverge what she knows. “It is nothing major. You have just offended Krystal and it so happens that her dad’s company is going to become one of our business partners soon, which is why I am concerned.”

This is a safe thing to say because Jung  Krystal has been coming to their office very often lately and the office grapevine is already speculating on the possibility of a partnership between both companies.It is also noted that her visit is often over something minor like delivering a document, or passing a message to Boss Kim, so many are speculating on her true intentions for visiting their company.

Or soomeone in the CEO’s room.

Everyone on the CEO’s floor can tell that Krystal likes Namjoon. There is little need to involve Namjoon in the  details of the partnership, so why is Krystal always popping by to update Namjoon? Although she has a tendency to linger, Namjoon has never tried to chase her away to give her father face.

Women are creatures with sharp instincts. In their hearts, both Rosé  and Krystal consider each other as a potential love rival but in view of her status, Rosé does not dare to openly provoke her; at most, she will only make fun of her inwardly. But Krystal does not have the same restrictions – she does not report to Her Dad nor is she mild-tempered, so she has no compunction making sarcastic remarks at Rosé. When Namjoon does not seem to pay Rosé any special attention, Krystal becomes bolder and starts making her sarcastic remarks of Rosé in front of Namjoon.

Rosé is very angry.

Today, Krystal is once again at Namjoon’s office. Rosé purposely enters the room without knocking just to see what the 2 are up to and sees Krystal  reading a magazine on the sofa while Namjoon is working at his desk. Krystal frowns at her sudden entrance and is the first to speak. “Why didn’t you knock before entering?”

Namjoon just looks at her. “Is anything the matter?”

Rosé says that she has something urgent to report and ask if Krystal would like to use the washroom? When Namjoon did not say anything, Krystal can only take the hint and leave the room. But she make sure to leave her bag on the sofa so that she will be back – Namjoon has promised to have dinner with her and she is not going to pass over this opportunity!

The moment she leaves, Namjoon asks Rosé on the urgent matter, and she places a document in front of him. “It is an important document for your signature. Please read and sign. I will come back for it later.”

Looking at her retreating back, Namjoon does not know what to make of her. As if she has eyes on her back, she turns back and he quickly pretends to be studying the document. From the corner of his eye, he sees her walking to the sofa, picking up a cup on the coffee table, splashing its contents on the sofa, before placing the cup back to the table and exiting the room.

Namjoon shakes his head but did not say anything.

(*_*)⟵Namjoon

When Krystal comes back, she is pleasantly surprised to see Namjoon looking at her. Heart fluttering, she drifts back to the sofa and sits down. Namjoon does not quite know why he keep silent, but he watches as she sits down – before jumping up with a yelp.