CHAPTER 32: HeartAche

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Jungkook  stands and looks down at Lisa. With his height and a star-studded sky behind him, he looks like a god who has just stepped out from the heavens. His face is hard and beneath the black depth of his piercing eyes, a flame burns. Because of anger, he is breathing hard and looks like a cannon that is going to explode anytime.

Lisa has never seen him this angry before and feels a little scared. Looking up at him, she says with utmost sincerity: “What…. whatever it is, let us talk over it nicely.”

He says coldly. “Namjoon and I are blood brothers. We share the same father, the same mother.”

“Uh…ah?” Lisa can feel her jaw dropping. “But the two of you… “

“There is no ‘but’. No matter what method you have used to derive at this ridiculous conclusion, let me tell you that it is extremely stupid.”

After the initial shock has receded, shame kicks in. To mistake a pair of brothers as lovers is very impolite not to mention degrading, and there really is nothing more to say except apologies. Lisa: “Sorry, sorry. I am very sorry. I do not mean to think that way intentionally. Very sorry again, and please do not take it to heart.”

“Sorry to say, but I have taken it to heart.” He points a finger to his heart. “I feel so sad here.”

“I am very sorry… “Lisa is near tears herself. Hearing Jungkook saying that he is hurt makes her feel worse, as if there is a part of her inside his heart as well.

“There is no point in apologizing. I am not going to forgive you and I do not wish to see you now. Please leave immediately.”

Lisa nods as the current situation is too embarrassing for her to stay. Perhaps it is better to put some distance between them and she gets up slowly. When she is halfway down the stairs, she realizes she is still wearing his jacket. Worrying that he may catch a cold, she climbs up to the rooftop again. “Jungkook , I…”

Jungkook  is sitting on the mat with his back facing her. When he hears her voice, he says curtly without looking back. “Shut up and leave.”

Looking at his hunched back, he seems so wary and lonely in the night. “Ok.” Left without a choice, she goes down once more and thinks that if he is cold, he has the mat at least, and can wrap it around himself to keep warm if it gets cold.

At the rooftop, Jungkook  hugs his knees and the feeling is not unlike a homeless dog seeking comfort after wandering for several days without food. Alone, he looks up at the meteor rain – twinkling lights, falling, stars, their light of which is reflected in the waters of the dam, as if water and sky are one and the same.

He has seen this scene before in his dream.

Except that the people are not the same.

But some things are not worth thinking about as it will only lead to heartache. Jungkook  is unwilling to think of Lisa and laughs inwardly at himself; he is always mocking others for being stupid or dumb, but at the end of the day, it would seems that he is the one who is truly stupid.

Down at the courtyard, Lisa is worried. She cannot find Rosé and Namjoon anywhere and Rosé is not answering her phone. Just when she is thinking of venturing outside to look for them, Rosé finally answers her phone. “Rosé, what has happened to you?”

“No… nothing.. arrh!”

Lisa gets more worried. “What happened? Where are you both?!”

Namjoon's voice comes through the line. “Nothing much. We are coming back shortly.”