CHAPTER 62: PROPOSAL🐈💍

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Jungkook 's parents stay in a house in the campus of Uni B. Although the house looks dated, it is comfortably furnished and emits a warm, live-in feel within.

When they ring the bell, Mama Kim opens the door and welcomes Lisa warmly to their home. Mama Kim is the same age as Papa Jeon but she looks much younger. It is only when she smiles that the crinkles around her eyes would clue others to her actual age but she does not seem bothered by her wrinkles and Lisa notes that she smiles a lot.

Besides the parents, there is also Jeon Jungshin an old man at home today. The elder gentleman is wearing a traditional mandarin-collar shirt and has a head of silvery hair. He has alert eyes behind his reading glasses and his aura is a little imposing. Lisa immediately guesses that he must be Jungkook's grandfather and greets him warmly. "Grandfather, I really love your rice. It is so yummy that if I do not eat it for just one day, I will feel that the day is incomplete!"

Grandpa zooms in to the key point and turns to Jungkook. "The two of you are already eating from the same pot?"

Lisa is a little embarrassed by the implied intimacy and lowers her head shyly. Mama Kim comes to her rescue and bids her to take a seat while she gets Grandpa Jeon to pour her some tea. When she excuses herself to finish fixing dinner, Lisa stands immediately. "Auntie, may I help you with the preparations?"

Jungkook catches Lisa's wrist before she can follow his mother to the kitchen. "You cannot even separate the leaves from the stems properly and you still want to help?"

Her demure image blown, Lisa shrugs it off with a smile and sits down to chat with grandpa. Papa Jeon is secretly delighted by her response to his dumb son and thinks to himself that this pair is surely able to go a long way. Meanwhile, Lisa is very curious about grandpa and peppers him with many questions."Grandfather, where are you from?"

"I am from Mandok-deong."

A/N: (Note that Mandok-deong is still located in Busan)

"Mandok-deong is a good place. Why, you share the same hometown as Chairman Mao."

Grandpa Jeon smiles - to his generation, the mention of "Chairman Mao" still evokes a lot of memories even after the long passage of time.

A/N: *I think Chairman Mao is supposed to be a Famous person or something in this book especially to the elderly*

"Grandfather, how many people are there in your village?"

"We have about 4,000."

"Ah, that is big place. How many hectares of land are there?"

"About 6,000 hectares. Most of it is farmland."

Listening to their conversation, Papa Jeon is a little puzzled. Why is Lisa so interested in their ancestral town? Isn't it a place where they visit once a year for ancestral worship? But Grandpa seems to like the lass and enjoys talking to her. Once or twice, Jungkook opens his mouth as if he wants to say something, but he keeps quiet in the end.

After a while, Jungkook is called to the kitchen to help out.Mama Kim has overestimated her culinary skills today which is why she is now asking assistance.

When Jungkook steps into the kitchen, the first thing he sees is Namjoon standing beside the dustbin, peeling potato's. Unfortunately, the way Namjoon peels off the leaves is such that he ends up more potatos in the bin than on the chopping board so Jungkook comments. "Why did you strip the potato so bare?"