CHAPTER 13: Animal Instinct

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Lisa originally thinks that she is going to be fired. But Taehyung gathers all the staff for a speech and only talks about general stuff and how everyone should to continue to work hard. As an encouragement to those who has performed well, he is also going to reward those who have performed well.

Taehyung raises his hand to stem the round of applause at the word "reward". He has given the cash to the various department heads for disbursement, but he wants to use this opportunity to point out some shortcomings he has observed in the office, as well as commend a staff whom he thought has shown outstanding performance. Firstly, the person he wants to comment is....

Here he goes, Lisa thinks, and shoots him a woeful look. She looks so much like a homeless dog who has not eaten for 3 days that Taehyung nearly chokes. Biting his teeth to regain his composure, he says solemnly. "Lee Sung kyung."

Lee Sung kyung is the head of Customer Service. She has mistaken a "service call" for a "complaint" and has not kept the incident confidential, leading to loss of company image before the customer and low staff morale. As a punishment, she will lose 1 month bonus and has to submit a report to reflect on her mistake.

Lee Sung kyung is deeply embarrassed by the open criticism but she dares not voice any objection. It is true she has not acted professionally and is guilty of everything as charged because she is jealous of Lisa's popularity in the office - especially when the guy she secretly likes also likes Lisa too. She had planned to embarrass Lisa but who would have guess Big Boss would have chosen this month to survey the company and catches on to her misdeed?

Taehyung continues. "I am going to compliment another staff next. I have approached this sales staff under the guise of a customer and she has serviced me sincerely. Not only is she knowledgeable of our products, more importantly, she has successfully resisted the temptation of a pretty face and money. This person is none other than Lisa."

Lan Shan is shell-shocked and can only stare at him as the room break into another round of applause. Old Wang finally cannot stand it anymore and beckons her to go to Mr.Kim on stage. Wearing a dazed smile, she takes a red packet from Taehyung - surely it should contain at least eight or ten thousand dollars- and said: "Thank you Boss Kim."

"You have done a good job, please keep up the hard work."

Everyone clap once more and that marks the end of this dream-like gathering. Many of her colleagues gather around her after the event to ask for the secret of her success, and Lisa thinks dazedly over her few interactions with Kim Taehyung. Frankly, she has not done anything differently from any normal customer. If he has questions, she will try her best to answer them. But if the occasion calls for it, she will not bend over backwards to please a customer including dumping him in the city outskirts.

Come to think of it, Lisa acknowledges that Boss Kim is pretty magnanimous and does not let private matters mix with business. She has wondered before why he keeps pestering her when he is so good-looking and rich? So there is indeed a reason behind it...

Their group disbands with a promise from Lisa to buy dinner and she sends Jungkook a message.

Lisa: My job is safe!!! \(≧▽≦)/~ Yaya!!

Jungkook: Congrats.

Lisa: Do you want to eat anything? My treat!

Jungkook: Tonight?

Lisa: No, not tonight. I'm buying my colleagues dinner.

Jungkook: Ok.

Since he did not say what he wants, Lisa decides she shall ask him when she gets home. When their shop closes for the day and everyone is getting ready to leave for dinner, Lisa runs into Taehyung at the gate.

Taehyung nods at her. "Going for dinner with your colleagues?"

Lisa replies diplomatically. "Yes we are. Would Boss Kim like to join us?"

Taehyung puts on his do-I-know-you-very-well look and shakes his head. "I'm sorry but I have something on."

Lisa breathes a small sigh of relief and leaves with her colleagues. She believes Kim Taehyung has not forgotten a single thing but luckily for her, he has enough good manners not to erupt on her in public.

As the next day is still a working day, everyone drinks in moderation and does not linger after dinner By eight, everyone is ready to go home. One the way to the metro, Lisa sees an old man selling cotton candy. Wait, cotton candy?

She buys a stick and when the peddler tries to sell her an animal hair band - he has cat ears, mickey mouse ears, and giraffe ears - Lisa gamely buys a cat hair band for herself since she loves cats.

She attracted many curious looks in the train with her toy ears and giant candy. As the train is not so crowded at that time of the night, Lisa manages to bring home her cotton ball without squashing it. When she reaches her landing, she hides the candy behind her and knocks on Jungkook's door.

When Jungkook opens the door and sees her strange ears, he nearly gets a shock. He reaches a finger to her "perking ears" and accidentally pulls it off. Quickly, he puts in back and sighs in relief.

Lisa squints at him and smiles. Perhaps it is because she has drunk some wine earlier so her face is more rosy than usual and her eyes glistens like crystals. "Did you really think I have grown some cat like Ears?"

He righted the ear a bit more. "I am not as dumb as you."

Lisa shows him the surprise she has kept behind her back. "Dang-dang-dang-dang! This is for you!"

Jungkook is started by the present but he quickly warms up to it. Taking the cotton candy from her, he says "Thank you."

"No need for thanks! Who are we to need thanks?" Lisa taps his shoulder with her right fist.

Jungkook smiles. He looks really good when he smiles, just like a flower blossoming in spring. Lisa shakes her head out of her reverie. "You better stop smiling at me in future."

"Why?"

"I am afraid it will bring out the animal instincts in me."by that being said jungkook was astonished.

O_o⟵Jungkook

>.< ⟵Jungkook

(•͈ᴗ•͈) ⟵Jungkook

•─────────·𖥸·─────────•