CHAPTER 8: Take A Hint

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

So Lisa Finally meet up with Mr.Kim Taehyung who wants to discuss buying a car over dinner. So after a satisfying lunch at Jungkook’s place in the afternoon, it is fancy western dinner at night.

A/N: Dang! They be competing for Lisa With Food HAHAHAHHA Lisa's stomach approves.

If Lisa has thought earlier  that Taehyung’s dinner treat is insincere, she is now convinced that he is very sincere.

So sincere, damn it, that the bottle of the red wine on their table already costs more than her Rent.

As an apologetic gesture, this meal is simply too expensive. What is his motive? Or is this guy simply too rich to care?

While waiting for their dinner to be served, Lisa spots Jimin at a nearby table. He is with a woman dressed in a long white dress, with her back facing Lisa. Did Jimin follow Taehyung to this restaurant or is this a coincidence?

Jimin has also spotted her and a look of panic flash across his face. He starts to wriggle his brow and dart his eyeballs at Lisa. Is he afraid that Taehyung will see him? Ok, she will not out his location, thinks Lisa, and she gives him a  reciprocal nod.

Unfortunately, their attempt at telepathy is too amateurish and catches the attention of their dinner partners. When both Taehyung and the woman turn around, Lisa finally realizes why Jimin is uneasy as his dinner partner is no other than Taehyung’s ex, Jennie.

Jennie walks over to their table and Lisa can see that she is not only beautiful, she is very graceful too. Her long skirt swishes gently at her ankles and her aura is like that of a heavenly fairy… except that she looks furious! Aw…. Lisa taps her nose gently, surely she is not so ugly for Jennie to be looking at her with such contempt?

Jennie looks away from Lisa and smiles at Taehyung. “And I am wondering what beauty has caught your attention? A hostess? Taehyung, your standards seem to have dropped.”

Lisa is angered by her comment. She recalls that here were some hostesses at the KTV that day so Jennie has probably mistaken her for one. Or has she been lead to think this way? Out of consideration for her dinner partner, she decides to hold on to her temper. “Miss, you are mistaken. I am a sales consultant for cars, not a hostess.”

“So you sell cars?” Jennie seems to have thought of something and stares unblinkingly at Taehyung. Her eyes redden and she bites her lip – such a pitiful look! – but Lisa no longer feels like pitying her.

“Taehyung, have you known her for long time? Is she the reason you broke up with me?”

Taehyung is clearly annoyed but he does not look at Jennie and merely stare at his glass. “We have already broken up. Why are you asking so many questions now?”

“You are a two-timer!”

“Ha!” He lifts his eyes to meet hers. “Spoken as if you have never done so yourself!”

Jennie points a shaking finger at him. “Taehyung, you Asshole!”

She starts to cry and dashes out of the restaurant, with Jimin hot on her heels.

From Taehyung's unperturbed look, Lisa  figures he has probably written off Jennie completely. It is really too bad that Jennie has yet to accept the fact. Feeling sorry for Jennie, Lisa decides she shall forgive the other woman for her rudeness after all.

Wait, Taehyungg mentioned that she is a two-timer. If so, Taehyung is a victim too? Poor thing…

Seeing her sympathetic look, Taehyung takes a deep breath and transforms back to his usual aloof, courteous self.