CHAPTER 39: Bussiness Trip

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Lisa’s boss calls her to his room that afternoon. He is supposed to attend an automobile conference at Hongdae tomorrow but due to some family matters, he is unable to attend the conference and suggests Lisa to attend on his behalf. Her boss is also supposed to be there, but he has fallen sick and Big Boss Kim has offered to take his place since he has nothing on.

Lisa is a little touched. “Me? I…. I … can go?” Usually, only high-level reps attend such conferences. Plus, H City is a famous tourist spot and it will be fun trying out their local delicacies if she really has the chance to go there on a business trip. Hee-hee……

Old Wang looks at her seriously. “What do you mean can you go? Who else in Sales do you think is suitable to represent me?”

“How about people from the Marketing Department?”

Old Wang spread his hands. “Well, if you are not keen, I can pass the opportunity to the Marketing people.”

Lisa quickly stops him from picking up the phone. “No, wait! That is not what I mean. I am just touched that Boss Wang thinks that I am worthy of the opportunity. If you think so, how can I reject?”

So the matter is settled and Old Wang informs their administrator to book the plane tickets for Lisa. He also allows Lisa go home one hour earlier so that she can prepare for the trip. When she reaches home, Jungkook  has not yet return but in her eagerness to share the news, she decides to call him.

“Hello Jungkook ?”

“Hi Lisa.”

Wherever he is, it is a very noisy place and there is the sound of some machinery rattling in the background. “Where are you?”

“I am at the supermarket.”

In the background, she hears a female voice asking Jungkook  if he wants to eat a sweet. The voice is very gentle and contains a hint of mischief. At his “No thanks”, Lisa stills. “Who is with you?”

ಠ,_」ಠ

Jungkook  did not reply and the female voice seems to get a little louder as she giggles. “Why are you not eating? I seem to recall that you love sweets.” The voice grates on her ears and a sour tinge creep into Lisa’s next words. “Wow, who is so mysterious that you cannot tell me? Let me guess, is it the Holy Mary or is it the Jade Mother of Heaven?”

“It is Jennifer.”

At her silence, he asks. “Lisa, is anything the matter?”

Her reply is a bit stiff. “Just calling to let you know that I am home and you better come home pronto to fix my dinner!”

“Ok, I will be back soon.”

By the time he hangs up, Jennie has finished paying for her purchases and the cashier passes her a big bag full of stuff which Jungkook  helps to carry out of politeness. Thanks to the hot weather, both of them are soon covered in perspiration after they leave the shop. Jennie takes out a tissue to dab her forehead and after a pause, turns to Jungkook and tries to help him wipe his forehead.

He avoids her touch and good manner held him back from saying anything mean. Jennie can see the displeasure plainly in his eyes and she did not press as she gives a tinkling laugh. “Is that your girlfriend who called just now?”

Although Jungkook  knows that it is not true, he likes the sound of the word “girlfriend” and smiles, neither confirming nor denying her words.