CHAPTER 35: My Time To Show Off

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Unlike Jungkook ,Lisa uses white lighting for her living room and Jungkook’s pale pallor is very obvious under its glare. From where she is standing, his lips do not seem to have any blood in them so she asks curiously: “Jungkook  ah, have you met any female ghosts* recently who has stolen your Yang energy?”

“Huh?” When her meaning sinks in, he lowers his head uncomfortably. “No….”

“If not, why do you look so pale?”

“I –“

At this moment, someone knocks on her door. “Food delivery! Is anyone home? “

Lisa rushes to get the door and returns shortly with a paper bag and a cup of Coke in hand.  Jungkook  takes the drink from her and besides hearing the tinkle of ice-cubes, he can also feel the chill of ice through the cup.  Frowning he says. “Haven’t I said you should avoid eating junk food? And so much ice in this drink. Do you know how damaging it is to your stomach?”

“How come you sounds like my mom?” Lisa places the paper bag on the table and takes out a hamburger from within.  A hamburger, a cup of Coke…. that is her dinner?  Jungkook  suddenly feels a stirring in his heart. Although a big part of it is pity, he also feels a tiny, teeny bit of glee; is this how she gets by if he is not around to cook for her? 

What kind of life is that!

When she sees him staring at her food, she feels a little embarrassed.  “Do you want some?  Ah, I forgot, you should have eaten by now.“

He purses his lips. “Yes I have eaten but I am hungry again.”

As if I believe you, Lalisa thinks. Still she gives him her burger. “Why not you take half of mine?  I am not a big fan of burgers to speak the truth.”

He takes her burger and stands up. “Let’s go.”

“Where are you going?  Excuse me, are you taking the whole thing without even leaving a corner for me? That is so cruel.”

“Come to my place and I will fix you some dinner.”

She follows him. “Yey!”

(≧▽≦)

“And bring the Coke along.”

“I thought you said I shouldn’t drink it?”

“Yes I did, but I can use it to make Coca-Cola chicken.”

So the both of them walk over to his apartment. Although it has only been a couple of days since she has stepped into his place, Lisa has the feeling that she has been away for a long time and feels a sense of familiarity once she steps into the living room. Jungkook  takes the Coke from her hands and asks her to wait in the living room while he whips up something in the kitchen.

While she is sitting on the sofa, Schrödinger strolls into the room like the proud eunuch he is. Ever since the last time he has cozied up to Lisa over the mouse incident, he has not paid her any attention on her subsequent visits. Perhaps because it has been several days but he stares hard at her and Lisa  waves. “Hi.”

Schrödinger walks over and after sniffing around her ankles, he hops onto her lap. Lisa is a bit unbelieving by his sudden welcome and strokes his head carefully while he bats at her hand playfully. Lisa is very happy– can this be considered as absence making the heart fonder? – and plays with him.  After a while, she notices some meds packaging in the rubbish bin near her table and she puts Schrödinger away so that she can flip through its contents.  Empty medicine boxes in hand, she walks up to Jungkook . “Jungkook , have you been sick?”