CHAPTER 51: Resignation

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Lisa has never imagined a day when a mere ice-cream would give her such pleasure. To prolong her enjoyment, she nibbles her ice carefully and when Jungkook sees the way she lick the strawberry-flavoured ice with her nimble tongue, his throat goes dry and he has to turn to look elsewhere.

After finishing her ice-cream, they went to watch a 4D movie called “Little Ant, Big Chef”. The 4D effects are pretty amazing and Lisa finds herself dodging “things” that came out of the screen. They had so much fun, they queued to watch the movie more one more time before moving to the next attraction.

As it is a hot day, Lisa is wearing short pants with low-heel sandals. A group of passing young men – likely university students –lit up as she walks pass and gaze at her legs admiringly. As her boyfriend, Jungkook  is quick to notice their admiration and turns a little moody. He hurries her along while he walks behind her so that he can use his body to block her from their view.

Lisa smiles at him. “Slow down! Do you think you are sheparding sheep?”

After walking for some distance, Jungkook finally slows down and lowers his head. When he sees her long legs, he has this urge to reach out and touch them. His conflicted expression caught her curiosity. “Jungkook, what is wrong?”

He answers truthfully. “I do not like it when others look at you.”

Being a beautiful woman, Lisa catches his drift immediately and feels a sweet warmth in her chest. She smiles and loops her hands around his neck. “And here I am thinking the same. Do you know that there is a group of women ogling at you just now? Goodness know what they are thinking in order to get that drooling look, but there is really little we can do in such situations right?We cannot stop them nor can we gorge their eyes out.”

Jungkook  places his hands around her waist and looks at her intently as she continues. “Which is why I say, we have a responsibility as beautiful people and if people like to look at us, it is not like we will lose a pound of flesh right? Besides, after they have looked, they will likely be admiring you for having such a beautiful girlfriend. Don’t you agree?”

“You are very eloquent.”

“Thank you for your high praise.”

“I should ask for a reward then.” and he bends to gently peck at her lips.

Face burning, Lisa quickly leads him away. Due to the crowd, they decide to give the Rapids Adventure next, and move on to the Haunted Mansion.

The Haunted Mansion is built like a stone cave and is dark and eerie inside. The walkways are narrow and are lit by occasional green lights which are a little reminiscent of ghost fires in fairy tales. There are “human bones” littered around corners and matched with ghostly music and animal-like shrieks, it is enough to spook Lisa.

Jungkook  laughs softly in her ear. “You are so cute.”

Cute your ass! Embarrassed, she pinches him hard at the waist.

“Ouch!” He sucks a deep breath but continues smiling. “Won’t your heart ache for me?”

The 2 start bickering until they are out of the Haunted Mansion. After that, they went to the game stalls where Lisa made a killing at the Dart Game. She won a giant teddy bear, which she gives to Jungkook, plus two smaller plush kittens which she intend to give to Schrodinger.Jungkook  is very pleased to receive a present from his girlfriend, but looking at his empty hands – he has not win anything – he feels a little blue for not having anything for his girlfriend.