CHAPTER 24: My EX

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Lisa stares hard at the bright red invitation card as if trying to bore holes through it. Jungkook is curious. "Whose wedding invite is this? Don't you like it?"

Lisa dumps the card on the tea set. "There is a creature in this world called 'ex-boyfriend'."

Jungkook takes the card and flips open to read it. Everything is printed except for Lisa's name which is handwritten with a 0.7mm felt-tip pen in curved, equal strokes. He nods. "The handwriting is good."

Lisa frowns. "Hey!"

"But," he continues, "although the words are neat, the writer did not exert much force when writing and the writing style is conservative without flare. Judging by his handwriting, your ex seems to have a rather weak personality."

Lisa is amused by his analysis. "You sound so obscure; is this how a scientist behaves?"

"Handwriting analysis is also a form of science."

"For a non-forceful man, you dare call another weak?"

Jungkook looks at her in challenge. "You think I am weak?"

Lisa ponders on his question. On the surface, he does look like a pushover at first glance. But in truth, he is super smart, earns a lot, can act cute, and cooks like a chef. Perhaps "weak" may not be the best word to describe him as it is a false impression caused by his mild-mannerisms. He may not be the type with commanding presence, but once he is has decided on something, he can probably start a revolution with it, so unwavering and stubborn he is in his beliefs. "You are more like 'a pig in disguise in order to eat a tiger'."

It is a barely acceptable answer for Jungkook since it means she does not think he is weak. Looking back at the invite, he asks. "This person's last name is "Myou" - is he your ex-boyfriend?"

"No. I think Myou Mina is the bride. My ex is Kunpimook Bhuwakul(BamBam)."

Jungkook privately thinks it is a good name but aloud to Lisa: "How long are you guys together?"

"Slightly more than a year? I can't remember."

She is so dumb, but as if remembering something, his brightens. "How long have you been apart? Can you not remember too?"

Lisa answers the question patiently although privately, she thinks that Jungkook  has the qualities of a true Newsgossip.

"I dated him when I first started working here because we have many similarities like having the same age and Nationality we parted after 1 year and 3 - 4 months together. You can do your own maths."

Jungkook has already computed an answer in his brain by the time she finishes her sentence, and he next asks for the reason they broke up.

Lisa can't help sighing when she recalls how "wonderful" her ex is. "Because his mother thinks that I'm not worthy of him. Their family is comfortably middle-class and his mother looks down on me - my academic results, my job, and the fact that I am not local. Bambam dare not even utter one word in my defense so I dumped him in a fit of anger."