CHAPTER 14: She Likes Me?

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Jungkook's idea of an "important presentation" is actually just a campus lecture. The reason for it being important though, is because this lecture has been selected to be one of Uni B's "Star Lecture Series of the Year".

The lecture is from 7.30pm to 9.30pm and Lisa makes sure that she knocks off on time that day so that she has time to help supervise Jungkook's wardrobe after dinner. Since the audience consists mainly of students, she insists that he leave out his tie with his black shirt and suit. Jungkook tries to discuss further. "Can I wear a bow tie at least?"

"Sure, but please wear it on your head."

So Jungkook gives up and Lisa asks: "Is there a Question and Answer session after the lecture? Do you need my help to raise some questions?"

Jungkook shakes his head. "No need. I know what they are going to ask.

"What will they ask?"

"They will ask if I have a girlfriend."

"...... "

ok, he probably speaks from experience. "What is your answer to this question in the past? Do you reply honestly?"

"Of course. Unless it is absolutely necessary, I never lie."

"Yo Handsome, you cannot continue this way. If someone asks you if you have a boyfriend, do you mean you will answer honestly too?"

Jungkook looks at her strangely. "Of course."

"You, you..... you mean you told someone before that you have a boyfriend?"

"No! I do not have a boyfriend. I am not gay!" Jungkook is unhappy and a tad disappointed at her questioning. Although there have been questions on his sexual orientation - even from his family no less - he has never been upset answering this question before this. Lisa noticed his unhappiness and tries to smooth over the situation. "Ha, ha. I am joking..."

"You are testing me?"

"Huh? Um yes, I am only trying to test you."

Jungkook nods sagely. "Ok. I get it."

Lisa dares not ask what Mr Genius has understood.

They reach the lecture hall and as she expects, his appearance causes a mini uproar especially among the girls and some even take out their handphones to snap pictures of him. Amidst the small disturbance, Jungkook says into his mike. "You may take photographs but please do not upload them to the web."

The hall is getting packed and Lisa tries to find a seat since she does not relish having to stand for the next 2 hours. At the rate people are pouring in, she will probably not even have any room to stand if she does not do something soon. Left with no choice, she uses her "secret weapon" and smiles sweetly at a guy with an empty seat beside him. "Hello, is this seat taken?"

"Yes.... ah, no! Please take a seat." The guy removes his book from the chair and mentally apologizes to the friend whom he is keeping the seat for.

At 7.30pm, Jungkook starts his lecture. At first Lisa tries to pay attention but it is not long before she gives up. Out of boredom, she turns her attention to the lecturer. He has removed his jacket before the lecture starts which is a good move since the room is getting hot. His black shirt is tucked neatly in his pants and he looks great - handsome and tall, his expression focused, his delivery clear and smooth.