CHAPTER 19: Lisa The Rice Pot Is Angry?

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Lisa is deeply touched by Jungkook's reply and thinks that he is simply too good a friend. He seems to be the typical cold-exterior-warm-interior kind of man and while he may not stick his nose into other people business normally, he will be loyal through and through once he starts regarding you as a friend. Compared to people who only sprout sweet nothings, she much prefers his brand of steady-fastness.

When Jungkook sees that Lisa is looking at him intently, he sees that her eyes are lit up like the reflection of stars on a lake due to reflection of light from the street lamps. Ay, what weird ideas is this woman having now?

******

Lisa did not get to eat the legendary Squirrel-shaped Mandarin Fish the next day because Jungkook wants to meet her “to tell her something very important”.

So she calls Jungkook: “kook, I need to meet up with Rosé later so please don’t cook my dinner tonight.”

Jungkook grumbles as he does not like changes to his plans. “I have bought the fish already.”

“I’m sorry, very sorry. Why not we keep the fish for 2 days before killing it?”

“You dummy, the fish has already been killed. How do you expect me to rear a fish whose intestines have been gutted?”

The image causes goose pimples to stand out on Lisa's scalp. “You can skip the details. Rosé really has something to tell me today so I’m sorry I can’t be back for dinner.”

“I guess you have to meet her. I will give your share to Schrödinger.”

Lisa can only dab away her imaginary tears. “I guess I have no choice but to let Grand Eunuch Schrödinger have the advantage.”

When she meets Rosé, Lida gets to hear about her harrowing adventure at the hotspring and is impressed by her friend’s forwardness. To think they are just talking about Rosé forcing herself on Wu Wen the other day and here she is, taking action already. Well done!

Rosé insists she isdreaming and the 2 friends go on to discuss if Namjoon will make it difficult for Rosé at work. He hasn’t so far, but he can be pretty cheeky and has made fun of Rosé this morning when he sees her in the office. “Oh it is you. I nearly couldn’t recognize you with your clothes.”

Lisa comforts Rosé that this is no big deal and is probably his way of dealing with …nearly being raped? Her advice is for Rosé to lay low for the time being, try not to make any mistakes, and wait for another opportunity to strike.

Rosé nods solemnly.

******

Despite being informed, Jungkook still ended up cooking too much that night. Partly, it is because he has bought a big fish in consideration of someone’s big appetite. And despite Schrödinger trying his best, there is still half a fish and half a plate of stir-fry vegetables remaining at the end of the meal.

Jungkook is not one who wastes food and packs all the left-overs into sealed boxes before putting them into the fridge. Thereafter, he goes for a stroll and cuts himself some fruits when he gets back. He watches some TV and finding nothing interesting, he goes to the study to read.

The library is very quiet. There is only the sound of his breathing and the occasional sound of flipping pages. For some reason, the normally bright light is very repressing and envelops him in a suffocating stillness. Jungkook knows that this is just an illusion but he puts down his book and opens the window to take a breather.