CHAPTER 40: Coincidence

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡

Lisa and Taehyung had their lunch at the airport before boarding their flight to H City. Shortly after the plane has taken off, Lisa falls asleep and Taehyung would spend a big part of the next 2 hours gazing at her sleeping form. Personally, even Taehyung is amazed by his ability to look at her for so long without feeling bored.

Just yesterday, Jimin has told him that he is possessed. He has dismissed his words but thinking back, there could be some truth in them.It is heady, this loss of control, but yet he is more than willing to continue in the enticing spiral. Maybe he is really possessed?

In his mind, he can hear a logical voice telling him to stop venturing down this road, that this is a path where effort far outweighs the returns. The same voice also warns him that love is the most dangerous game which is more reason why he should stop now. But knowing and doing are 2 separate matters and he simply cannot stop looking at her.

Their plane touches down around 3 plus and by the time they settle into their hotel, it is already evening. Speaking of their hotel, it is located very near to the West Lake and they have a wonderful view of the lake from their window. Of course, the cost per room per night is also “wonderful” but since it is paid by the company, it is none of their concern.

Having done her homework on H City, Lisa is able to suggest a place for dinner when Taehyung asks for her opinion. ***** Restaurant is famed for their West Lake sweet & sour fish and once she suggests the place,Taehyung agrees to it without hesitation.

As both of them are not really hungry, they decide to take a leisure walk to the restaurant and it is very pleasant basking in the fading evening heat as the din of the city in the day gradually transit to the bustling hum of night. The stroll in a foreign city puts Lisa in very good spirits and she takes a deep breath. “Ah, this place is great!”

“In what way is it great?”

“I don’t know, I only know that the feeling is great.”

*Lotus pond, Seokchon Lake*,

Although it is just mundane chit chat, it has the power to boost Taehyung’s spirits and the city becomes a little more attractive in his eyes. As they stroll along the shoreline of Seokchon Lake, they admire the lotuses on water and breathe in their faint, floral scent. When they see a pavilion built just centimeters above the waters, they decide to detour and check it out. Walking along the low bridge leading to the pavilion, they look like 2 immortals from afar who are able to walk on water.

When the reach the pavilion, the setting sun has transformed their surroundings to another view. Under the sunlight, the water appears crimson and the sparkles on the water surface is like a million crystals twinkling. Lisa sighs. “How beautiful!”

“Yes, beautiful indeed.”

At first, she thinks that the speaker is Taehyung, but Boss’s voice is usually cold or hard, especially when he is talking business, unlike this voice which is gentle like water and clear as the scent of lotus. Lisa turns abruptly and when she sees a figure busy taking photos, black lines appear on her forehead. “Jungkook?!”

(⊙_◎)

(ー_ー)

Jungkook  stops clicking on his camera and turns around. The sun baths his face in a crimson glow and he smiles. “Lisa? What a coincidence.”

Coincidence, my ass. Walking over, she glares at him while Taehyung looks on ominously. “What are you doing here?” .

Jungkook  holds up the camera in his hand. “I’m here to take photographs.” To prove his words, he shows her his pictures. If Lisa has been a little skeptical of his words at first, she is outright convinced that he is lying after seeing his awful-looking photos. Can you at least do some justice to the expensive-looking equipment hanging around your neck?