CHAPTER 21: Hugging in The Rain

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Taehyung leaves soon after driving her back to the company. Lisa wonders if she should buy some clothes for him per his preference, but can’t help thinking that it is not very appropriate.

Her colleagues are curious on the degree of concern Big Boss shows on Lisa but since no one asks her directly, Lisa chooses not say anything either. One long afternoon passes amidst a cloud of speculation and when it is time to knock off, Lisa hurries home.

This summer is really unpredictable. It is still bright and sunny in the morning but by evening, the sky is overcast. When she steps out of the train station near her home, she is dismayed to see that it has started to rain – and she has forgotten to bring an umbrella. Again.

Rolling her eyes, she makes her way to the exit as the rain turn into torrents. The water that has gathered on the roof pours down like a mini waterfall and hits the floor heavily. The unceasing sound of “ta ta ta” are like the sound of whips as they rise and fall, rise and fall, making one’s heart chaotic simply by listening to it.

Feeling the cold from the rain, Lisa hugs her arms. As more and more people gathers near the exit, the station starts to get crowded and the station staff makes the announcement for people not to block the exit. Caught among the crowd and noise, Lisa considers if she should just dash home.

However, being a Beauty has its privileges. The man next to her is thinking if he should to offer to share his umbrella, but just before he opens his mouth, someone calls her name. Following the voice, Lisa sees Jungkook with a black umbrella, standing at the foot of the steps. The rain hits on the umbrella and bounces off as little darts of water, creating a misty veil above the umbrella.

He stands motionless under his umbrella and the sight reminds her of a giant mushroom. Seeing him like this, her remaining anger dissipates almost completely while the man who is trying to offer her his umbrella thinks: this guy is really a novice at chasing girls. How can he use such a big umbrella? It is not only big enough for two people, it may even be enough for…. two elephants?

Jungkook lifts his giant umbrella and waves at her. “Lisa, come over.”

Lisa darts under his umbrella and Jungkook takes her bag from her. They start for their apartment without a word until Lisa breaks the silence. “How did you know that I do not have my umbrella?”

“I only suspect that you may have forgotten so I decided to come by the train station to check. Who would have thought that you really are so dumb as to forget your umbrella?”

Lisa is very touched. She can see that Jungkook is the straight-forward sort and although he may be quite dumb at times, he has a heart of gold. There is no reason for her to remain angry and she is about to forgive him when he asks. “Lisa, why did you go with Taehyung to a hotel this afternoon?”

Lisa is surprised by his question as she has not told anyone about this afternoon’s events nor has she posted it online. How could he have known? If he knows everything, it is really too scary!

“Your positioning feature is on in WeChat so I traced your whereabouts through it.”

This explains how he knows her whereabouts but how is he different from a stalker if so? Feeling the flames of her anger flaring up once more, she challenges him: “Even if you manage to find out my whereabouts, how did you know where Taehyung is?”

Jungkook stares at the ground, the expression in his eyes hidden by his thick lashes. “I went into the hotel’s system and sees that he has book a room although I did not see yours. So I guessed you were at the hotel together while Taehyung uses his name to book a room.”