CHAPTER 7: Friends

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞

A few days later, Lisa receives a request to add someone as her friend in WeChat. Since her WeChat is used for business purposes, she adds the requestor without hesitation. Just when she is thinking how to find out more about her new "friend", the other party types.

Anonymous: You are not asleep yet?

As if she is going to answer such a personal question from a stranger! Looking at the name, Lisa figures he is probably a shy, lonely man so she gives her habitual reply: "Hi Handsome, I sell cars but am not in the market for dating".

Anonymous: It's Me Kim Taehyung.

Kim Taehyung? The guy from who peppered her with questions when he has no intention of buying a car? She found out after he left that day that he knows her GM and was at their shop for a meeting. In consideration of her GM, she sends him a smiley face and starts a casual chat with him.

Although Kim Taehyung did not mention anything about getting a car in their short conversation, she is in no hurry to write him off as a customer and thinks to herself that she will adopt a wait-and-see attitude for this Mr Kim..

* * * * * * * * *

Every week, the Marketing Support Division of Lisa's company will circulate a list of potential customers whose birthdays are just around the corner to their respective sales agents. Lisa was surprised to see Kim Taehyung's name on the list having just chatted with him just the night before, and she sends him a "Happy Birthday" message through WeChat accompanied with a picture of a big birthday cake.

See her sincerity?

At around 4 plus, she receives a call from an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Thank you."

Thinking that the caller may have dialed the wrong number, Lisa replies politely. "Mister, I think you have called the wrong number." When there is no reply from the other end, she hangs up.

A few seconds later, her phone rings again. Looking at the same unfamiliar number, she replies a bit more impatiently this time.

"Hello?"

"It is me."

As if I know who you are! But she is nothing if not polite. "May I know who you are?"

Another silence. But this time, Lisa can vaguely feel the displeasure coming from the other side of the phone.

"Kim Taehyung." His voice is a little taut, as if the words are forced out from gritted teeth.

Lisa is embarrassed that she has failed to recognize him yet again. She quickly consoles herself that she is not at fault for not storing his contact since he is not really serious about buying a car the other day.

"Hello Mr KIm!" Lisa makes herself sound light and chirpy. "I am so sorry. My phone is spoilt so I lost your number and cannot place you immediately. Since we are on the line now, let me take the chance to wish you a very happy birthday."