CHAPTER 25: Something Sweet

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Although Namjoon has suspected that something is going on, the confirmation still comes as a surprise although he got used to the idea pretty quick. After all, his brother has a track record of woman chasing after him just by virtue of his looks alone, so what is so surprising about Lisa's pursuit?

Namjoon is curious on his brother’s reaction but looking at his clam face, he can guess that things may not be progressing smoothly. “So have you agreed?”

Jungkook shakes his head. “No.”

Namjoon's next words are not without regret. “So you have turned her down?”

“I have rejected her once but she is still trying hard to persuade me.”

Ok, at least there is still a glimmer of hope. “Take it as I’m begging you. Can you please find someone to date? If you continue like this, I worry that you are going to die alone day.” At Jungkook's silence, Namjoon continues. “If you really cannot find a suitable woman…. it is not impossible if you want to look for a man. I have tested the waters with Mom and Dad and they have both said that they will respect any decision you make….”

Jungkook furrows his brow and uses more strength than he would normally use to dice the vegetable. He uses so much force in fact, that the tip of his knife embeds itself in the chopping board, its shiny, metallic blade giving off a feral glint. At Jungkook's glare, Namjoon holds up both hands in a conciliatory gesture. “Ok, ok. I get you. I am not going to be bothered with you anymore. You can date whomever you like.”

As he backed himself out into the living room, Namjoon thinks back on Jungkook's  reply and seems to recall something. He takes out his phone and sends a message to his faraway father: Old Man I think there is hope this time!

* * * * * *

Lisa decides that Jungkook needs a crash course in order to play the role she has in mind for him. Good-looking he may be, but the moment he opens his mouth, it will be game over. “You must remember that you are a rich, handsome, ardent boyfriend. With these 3 qualities, we will definitely slaughter Bambam.”

Jungkook is sitting on the sofa paying rapt attention. He types something into his laptop. “Rich. Handsome. Ardent.”

Lisa nods. “You need not worry about the handsome bit. Let us talk about acting rich.”

“I am rich.”

“Ah? I’m sorry, I have forgotten.” Actually, it is not her fault for overlooking the fact as his lifestyle is really too down-to-earth for a rich man. Still, she needs to work on his appearance and she asks if he owns any watches.

Jungkook waves his hand. “I have, see?”

“I am not referring to this kind of watch which looks like something a college student would wear.”

Jungkook then answers arrogantly. “This is a Light-powered Eco-Drive watch.”

Except for the last word, Lisa does not understand a word of what is his talking. “Do you have other watches?”

“I do.” jungkook takes out several boxes from a drawer and passes them to Lisa.

“My dear brother, if you have Rolexes and Vacheron Constantins, why are you wearing that play thing on your hand?”

“This is not a play thing; this is a Light-powered Eco-Drive watch.”

Lisa examines his collection of expansive watches carefully as if worried that she may damage them. “If you do not intend to wear them, why did you buy them?”