CHAPTER 49: Can I Pursue You?

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Lisa bites down on the urge to throw up and tries to conjure his position in her mind. His mouth is at her neck and his legs seem to be straddling her thigh although he is careful not to crush her by bracing most of his weight with his arms, which is on either side of her ears. As his lips shift towards her collarbone, she shifts unobtrusively before suddenly bringing up her knee with all the strength she can muster. Taehyung groans at the sudden pain and knocks over some glasses on the table as he tumbles to the floor.

Lisa dusts her hands and pick up her phone which she notes is still on line. “Jungkook .”

Jungkook  is near frantic on the other end. “Lisa, are you alright?”

Staring at the pale-looking man on the floor who can barely even gasp in pain, she smiles. “I am fine, just fine. Jungkook ah, I think that hanging around you must have caused me to have grown a little smarter.”

Jungkook  lets out a breath of relief. “I have already called the Police. Leave the club immediately and wait for me outside. I will fetch you home.”

“There is no need. I will go back by myself.”

“I am already on the way and please do not hang up.”

Lisa tucks her phone away as she squats down to pat Taehyung on his cheek. “Although you keep saying that you want me, I think your body is giving me a more honest answer.”

Looking at her departing back, he calls her name in anger, in frustration, in sadness. “Lisa.Lisa, don’t leave.” She left without a backward gaze and when she sees their waiter outside at the hall, she grabs his collar roughly as his eyes shift away guiltily. He tries to plead for forgiveness and admits he has been bribed by Mr Kim, so can Miss Heroine please forgive him?   Sending him a killing glare, she jerks him aside and leaves the club.

In about 10 minutes, 2 police cars arrive and Kim Taehyung gets lead out of the club by 2 policemen. Looking at them, she marvels at the efficiency of the police without realizing that Jungkook  has already given them her exact location, right down to her room number, when he called them.

She wonders if she should make her presence known to the policemen but she hesitates. Rape is a statutory crime and it may not be good to blow up the matter, especially when she is not completely blameless in this whole saga. Although she feels indignant, she decides not to follow the Police in the end and waits for Jungkook  to show up.

He arrives shortly in a cab and sprints to her side immediately. When he envelopes her in a tight hug, Lisa can feel her nerves faltering as her nose tingles with the effort of holding back her tears. She returns his hug and assures him “I am fine.”

“You nearly frightened me to death.” Hearing the quiver in his voice, she reflects on his concern and thinks that surely, he likes her just a little?

He is troubled when he hears that she does not intend to step forward and accuse Taehyung of his crime but he does not try to dissuade her. However, he is insistent that she goes for a full body check-up at the hospital to ensure that she is not harm in any way and to also leave behind evidence that she has been drugged should this information becomes necessary in future.

Once they reach home, he prepares a super sumptuous meal to “sooth” her nerves which leave her very touched. For once, she did not gulp her dinner but savors every bite as she eyes the man seating opposite her and thinks to herself: this man, I am taking him for sure.

*******

After dinner, the two moves on to the sofa to chit chat. When he asks her for the reason for letting off Taehyung so easily, she sighs. “I am worried that he may take revenge. As you know, he comes from an influential family and I cannot afford to antagonize him. If he is pushed to a corner, god only knows what he will do.”