CHAPTER 27: Anonymous Was...

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Although Mina has assumed that Jennie is in no danger, it is nonetheless a challenge getting her out of water no thanks to her bridesmaid costume. Her layered dress may be pretty to look at, but its absorption power is pretty awesome too.

Bambam is not a macho man to begin with and when he has to fish a maiden wrapped in a sodden blanket out of water…. it really is no mean feat! Thankfully, they are not far from the side of the pool, and with the help of a rope that someone threw in, they finally got out of the water.

Because it is summer. Jennie has worn a dress made of thin fabric. Once wet, the dress becomes near transparent and Lisa can see her skin-colored bra beneath. The bra pushes up her curves nicely but it also accentuated her near-nakedness and everyone who has gathered fall into an awkward silence.

One of her shoe is floating in the pool while another shoe is on her feet. As the water sloshes down her dress, it converges on the feet with her shoe. Shhhh…… the sound of trickling water is not unlike someone pissing which is clearly audible in the silence. Lisa presses her lips to stop herself from smirking as she thinks Jennie can continue passing out water for a long time with that inflated ‘bladder’ of hers.

Jennie keeps her head lowered as her face flames up in a mixture of anger and embarrassment. While Mrs.Bhuwakul lead some female guests to help squeeze the water out of her dress, Jungkook walks over. “Jenniffer. I'm sorry.”

Great, now everyone in the crowd has a name to match the face. If Lisa does not know Jungkook before this, she would have thought that he is doing this on purpose. As for Jennie, she glares at Jungkook. “I do not wish to see you right now.”

Since she has said so explicitly, Jungkook gets ready to leave with Lisa. As they bid farewell to their host, Mina says icily: “Miss Lisa, what is pass has passed. But your causing trouble with your current boyfriend at your ex-boyfriend’s wedding is not appropriate, is it not?”

Lisa returns equally coolly. “I am the one who have learnt something new today. I have never seen a bride helping her good friend to the extent of harassing her guest’s boyfriend at her own wedding.” Being is the suspicious sort, lisa does not believe that someone knocking into her, dirtying her dress, bumping into Mina and finally meeting Jennie with Jungkook at the pool is a coincidence.

Mina is indignant on her friend’s behalf that such a piece of crap can get the attention of 2 good catches like Taehyung  and turns to Jungkook. “Mr Jein, you best keep a close watch on your girlfriend. She is such a clever and alluring woman, there must be lots of men interested in her.”

Jungkook nods sincerely. “I will. Thank you for your reminder.”

With her provocation being dismissed, there is nothing much more Mina can say. As they leave the wedding, Lisa starts to ask Jungkook. “I say, do you know Jennie beforehand?”

Jungkook nods expressionlessly. “Jennifer?Yes, we met when I was studying abroad.”

“Hump! Why do I find it hard to believe? Isn’t the world a bit too small? And why did you not recognize her at the beginning.”

“I have not seen her for several years. With the distance and her make-up, it is not surprising that I did not recognize her at first.”

Although she nods at his reply, Lisa still finds the situation weird as Jennie's behavior does not suggest a casual relationship between the two. Otherwise, why would she want to hug him the moment she sees him? Is it simply a matter of being unable to suppress her emotions or is the woman desperate?

A woman’s intuition is hard to explain but Lisa is suddenly reminded of someone. That someone has sent Jungkook a picture of a bowl of noodles, is insistent to reminisce about the past, and wants to meet up with Jungkook although they have broken up. Lisa props her chin on a finger as she tries to recall. “Soooo that Number Jeni....Jenniviva?”

“You mean Jennifer?”

“Yes, yes! That is whom I am referring to. I remember that her Full names Jennifer"

He nods. “Yes..”

Although he has confirmed her suspicion, Lisa can’t help feeling a bit surprised. My god, the world is really too small. Are there are not enough actors to go around in a story to the extent that one woman has to be “Jennie” one moment and “Jennifer” the next? I didn't actually think it was Jennie as many people in the world have the same names.

To think she has sympathize with the woman for her seeming steadfastness to Taehyung.  How can she u-turn around so suddenly to want to fan up the old flames with Jungkook the next? Seems like she is not such an unapproachable goddess after all. Thinking through the situation again, she looks seriously at Jungkook. “Are things really so simple between you two that you have only “met each other”? You have even cooked noodles for her.”

Jungkook stops and looks at her.

“Lisa,on what basis are you questioning me about my past?”

Lisa purses her lips. “Fine, I will stop asking. Who cares to know anyway!”

Jungkook is startled by her reply but does not rebut. Although the subject is closed, lisa has more or less guessed that Jennie has regretted leaving Jungkook now. If so, Taehyung seems a bit superfluous. Is the woman trying to hook one man while her heart is with another? If so, her acting is a bit too darn good.

A/N: >>Taddaaaaaaa Jennie is the so called "Anonymous" lol Lisa thought the Name in the phone is Jenniviva cause she respects Jungkook's privacy and wasn't paying attention much. Have many of you guessed right? Finished all my school works surprisingly so I can Update Yay!!! I know I said last night that I was unable to but Here it is<<

•─────────·𖥸·─────────•