CHAPTER 58: Lisa The Mama Wolf

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Jungkook did not manage to persuade Lisa to spend the night. Ha, what a joke! if she stays, her father and mother will know everything and what that happens, where is she going to hide her face?

At her insistence, Jungkook can only send her home. When he returns to the hotel, he sees many birthday greetings from his family in his phone and an equal number of requests to report his progress with Lisa.

He replies every answer with a multiple hearts until Namjoon suspects that someone could have hacked his brother's account. He decides to test his "brother" and ask if he needs to borrow any money, but Mama Kim is the one who answers: Who is so tired of living to attempt to steal Jungkook's account ID?

Jungkook: ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Namjoon: You are right.

Jungkook: ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Old Jeon: Whenever I'm talking to our elder son, I often get this feeling of mental superiority.

Jungkook: ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Mama Kim: Jungkook, if you continue like this, I can only assume Lisa has bedded you.

When Jungkook did not reply­, the chat group explodes into a flurry of conversation

********

The next day, Lisa is unable to meet Jungkook as she needs to accompany her mother for her checkup at the hospital. Without her company, Jungkook decides to spend the day reading research in his room. When he scan the room between pages, spots a small red patch on the bedsheet, it gets him all emotional. Ay, he is thinking of her again....

A/N: [ Lol he didn't even changed he's bedsheets wait till someone sees it]

Someone knocks on the door and it is a young lady from housekeeping to clean the room. She is very talkative and Jungkook learns that she is currently a junior high student who is making use of the school holidays to earn extra pocket money at her relative's hotel. He is not really interested to talk and reply her many questions with short answers, until she falls silent as she stares at the red stain on the bedsheet.

She looks at him as if he has just opened a door to a new dimension. Jungkook is too embarrassed to look at her and pretends to look out of the window.The young maid finishes her cleaning quickly and beat a hasty retreat from the room. Soon after she leaves, Jungkook decides to go for a walk and spots the young maid at one end of the corridor. She is back-facing him and is speaking rapidly into her phone. "Sister! That handsome guest in room 802 is having his period! Really! I saw it with my own eyes. My god, you are right, men are really capable of giving birth!"

Jungkook has no patience for her nonsense, but her words did spark his imagination as he walks towards the lift. Pregnancy is physically tough and if it is possible, he rather be the one to suffer instead of Lisa. If he can really give birth.... looking up at the sky, Jungkook gives himself a mental shake of condolence at the crumbling of his once-sane universe.

At the hospital, the doctor gives Amanda Manoban a clean bill of health although he advises her not to engage in any strenuous exercise in the near future. After the visit to the doctor, Mrs.Manoban and Mr.Manoban decides to visit Grandpa Manoban the next day and asks Lisa to invite Jungkook to join them as well.

Grandpa stays at Huiteng grassland northeast of City H. He is a nomad in his younger days, and now operates a homestay together with his eldest son. Besides his eldest son, he has a second son, which is Lisa's father, and one more daughter who stays in the city. He is very happy to see his family, especially when he finds out that his granddaughter is bringing a young man to meet him, and he turns his appraising eye to Jungkook.

First impression: disappointing.

The young chap is too fair, too skinny. He does not drink and take dainty bites at his food instead of eating like a man. How can such a man be fit for his granddaughter? Although he is not the kind who would interfere in his granddaughter's marriage, he is a straight-forward man who does not mask his emotions or mince his words. If he does not like someone, it shows.

Jungkook feels a little blue although his disappointment dissipates a little when Lisa takes him horse riding. They shared a horse and beneath the brilliant blue sky, their horse cut across the great grassland that sparkles like an emerald under the sun. The air is crisp and fresh and when Lisa takes a deep breath, she can almost feel as if her lungs are having a cleansing.

Feeling the breeze on his face and hearing the echo of matouqin in the distance, Jungkook hugs her closer and rubs his chin gently against her shoulder. Lisa pulls the horse to a slow walk and turns back to smile at him. "Are you still afraid?"

"No."

"Then why are you holding on to me so tightly?"

He smiles and hugs her even tighter. He has a board, warm chest which makes a nice cushion for her, and she kicks the horse to make it gallop again. When they stop at a small valley full of small yellow flowers in full bloom, he gently tucks a stray strand of hair behind her ear. "So beautiful." He buries his face in the nook of her neck and plants a line of kisses on her shoulder.

"Hey, hey, hey! Can you please pay attention to the scenery? And may I remind you that we are in a public place?"

"If we are not in a public area, I would not be merely doing what I am doing."

"This is enough. What happened to my innocent baby?"

Jungkook zooms in on one keyword. "You still think I am a baby?"

Thinking that he is making fun of her, she pinches him hard at the waist and the two starts to banter until a rider approaches. When he gets near enough for Lisa to recognize him, she greets out: "Hi Vernon, we have not met for a long time!"

Vernon is a Mix raced between Swedish and korean youth in his twenties who lives in Thailand. He has very sharp features, and is very muscular although it is hidden somewhat by his loose clothing. He gaze is sharp like an eagle but it softens when he recognizes Lisa - only to turn sharp again when he sees Jungkook.

A/N:[ I know that Vernon is half American but pretend he is half swedish here for storyplot purposes]

Who says that only women have sixth sense? Jungkook thinks that he too, possesses sixth sense as he detects the newcomer's interest in Lisa. Vernon is half Korean so it makes sense that he can speak Korean. he replies to Lisa fluently. "Lisa! So you finally came back. Who is he and how come he does not know how to ride a horse?"

Jungkook tightens his hold on her waist in a show of ownership as she pats his hand and smiles. "He is my boyfriend, Jungkook."

Vernon is obviously unhappy at her introduction. "Lisa, why did you choose such a man? He looks weak like a sick little lamb."

Her smile broadens. "I am a mama wolf who loves to gobble sick little lambs."

Jungkook is still thinking if he should rebuff Vernon, but her words cheer him up immensely and he plants a loud smooch on her cheek.

(*^3^)/~♡

Wounded by their display of affection, Vernon says that he has something on and makes a move.

After he left, Lisa continues riding but Jungkook keeps calling her "Mama wolf" and asking when she wants another bite of his little lamb. When Lisa has enough of his pestering, she grab one of his hands and bites down on it - hard - before he finally shuts up.

That night, Grandpa Manoban builds a bonfire and many friendly villagers drop by to chat or share a drink under the open sky. Having watch Lisa grew up, they of course know who she is and is aware that the unfamiliar-looking young man is her boyfriend. When they offer him a toast, Jungkook is sorely tempted, but he turns them all down in the end. When it comes to drinking, he is not worried about embarrassing himself, but he does not want Lisa to be embarrassed because of him. Lisa too, does not want him to drink, and graciously drinks all the wine which came their way. All is going well, until Vernon decides to stir the nest.

•─────────·𖥸·─────────•