CHAPTER 52: Enraged ft.Alchohol🔞

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Because it is her farewell, Lisa decides to treat everyone to a good meal and not worry about cost. She invites Old Wang and all her sales colleagues and all have said that they will be going, but she is puzzled when Taehyung insists on joining. When he sees them leaving the shop, he walks up to them and says without much expression “Since it is your farewell, I am sure you will not mind if I join?”

Under such circumstance, how else can she answer?

Thanks to his presence, everyone is very conscious during dinner especially when it becomes apparent that Big Boss is not in a good mood. Old Wang is also very quiet but his restraint is because he is still trying to figure out what happened. Lisa tries hard to gloss over the conversation gaps and the meal passes in a blur as everyone rushes through the meal.

Being intuitive people, the group of salesmen/women creates an opportunity for Big Boss to speak to Lisa  in private as they make their way home as soon as dinner is over. Some even speculate that although Lisa may be leaving today, who knows if she will return one day as their Lady Boss?

As Lisa finishes settling the bill, she realizes that she has clocked the points for the meal to their company’s loyalty card out of habit. Since the points are now useless to her, she decides to pass the card, accompanying receipt and some scratch cards issued by the restaurant to the first colleague that she sees. This will be Taehyung who is waiting to speak to her. “Here, take this. Since I can no longer use it, please help me pass it to whomever you think fit when you go to office. Take it as my last contribution to the company.”

Taehyung takes the card and the scratch cards which she has already scratched to reveal “Thank you, please come again” and smiles. “This is the second time you are giving me something.”

Lisa looks at him blankly and he reminds her. “The first thing you gave me is an ashtray.”

“Oh, I remember it now.” Actually, Lisa is a little uncomfortable as their relationship is really not that deep that a receipt and some scratch cards can trigger some long-ago memory.

“I still remember it clearly.” He folds the receipt and keeps it with the card in his wallet.

Lisa is really baffled. Aren’t they considered enemies by now? This jerk has tried to Rape her and she has beaten him up for it, not just once but twice. Surely such actions do not lead to friendly relations? What is his motive for crashing her party and now with all this chitchat? Is he planning any new tricks?

Taehyung can read her suspicions and feels as if someone is squeezing his heart till it hurts feeling a Pang of Regret. Instinctively, he wants to explain himself but at this stage, there is nothing much he can say except repeat his earlier words. “I am sorry.”

(◕︵◕)

“Fine, we are even.” She waves her hand and tries to leave but he catches her wrist. “Lisa, can you give me another chance?”

“By your meaning of “chance”, are you thinking what I am thinking?” When he nods, she quickly squirms out from his hold. “I am sorry but I already have a boyfriend.”

Taehyung is stunned. “You…..”

Lisa looks at him curiously as she rubs her wrist. “What? Am I not allowed to have a boyfriend? And speaking of boyfriend, I think he is going to be here soon. He….” She stops and stare into the distance. Following her gaze, Taehyung  turns around and sees Jungkook  staring ominously at them.