CHAPTER 15: The Tigress and The Zoo Keeper

Third person's POV.

∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞∞♡∞

Jungkook feels that he has to make his stand clear. “I do not date woman whose IQ is below 140.”

Lisa waves at him distractedly. “I get it. You might as well say you don’t date woman. I understand.”

He frowns. “I have said before I am not –“

“You are not gay. You are straight. 100% man. Fighter jet among guns, correct?”

Jungkook is still unsure: “You really understand?”

“Yes!”

He heaves a sigh of relief. He is good so long as she understands.

They set the table for dinner and his phone pings. Looking at his phone, Anonymous has sent him a picture of a bowl of noodles with tomato slices. The yellow noodles contrast well with the red garnish and look delicious.noodle with tomato

Qiao Feng does not reply to the message and starts eating.

His phone pings again.

Anonymous:This is not as good as yours.

Jungkook hesitates before replying: Happy Birthday.

Anonymous:Thank you! I thought you have forgotten!

Jungkook: That’s all. I am eating dinner.

He puts down the phone but it pings again.

Anonymous:I miss you.

Jungkook: You can choose not to. I am eating dinner.

Anonymous:I want to see you.

Jungkook thinks about it: Does your boyfriend know that you are saying this?

Anonymous:We have broken up.

Jungkook: Ok. I am eating dinner.

Jungkook:jungkook!

Jungkook is at a loss on how to end the conversation. Lisa has noticed his yoyo-ing between his chopsticks and phone and when he looks vex, she asks him what is wrong. From their interactions, Jungkook has concluded that Lisa may be dumb in some ways, but she is very good at handling people, so he passes his phone to her. “Can you help me end this conversation?”

Respecting his privacy, Lisa reads his latest conversation starting from the noodle picture and not anything earlier before that. When she realizes that Jungkook has also cooked for this person, she is not happy. The feeling is like discovering what you think is your precious is also someone else’s precious. “Who is she to you?”

“Just a friend.”

“I don’t believe you. You cooked noodles for her.”

“It is just a bowl of noodles.”

Just one? Really? “This person seems to have set her sights on you.”

Jungkook shakes his head empathetically. “Not possible.”

“Why?”

He does not answer and Anonymous sends another message: Why are you ignoring me?

While Lan Shan thinks of an appropriate answer, she checks with Jungkook. “How close are you with this person? Can you afford to offend her?”

“Not close; can afford.”

“I am going reply on your behalf, is that ok?”

“Go ahead.”