25-Tension

I moved to the preparation room where Nelly was seated trying to make sure everything was in place. I had never seen her this nervous before. I walked to her while smiling.

"C'mon big girl, this is your night. Why get so nervous?"

"Daisy, I fucking don't know what is happening to me. Am I really ready for this?"

"You're more than ready. Just don't get stressed. I am next to you anyway."

"Thanks for that. At least I feel some confidence."

"Anytime."

I smiled at her and checked on the clock. It was time for the match to start.

"Well... the Royals are on the field now," I was kinda telling myself.

"Do you mean to say well... Arthur is on the field now...?" Nelly teased me.

"Nelly, I think we should go through this one last time before heading to stage."

"I see... you're even changing topic."

I just felt myself flush red on my ears and cheeks.

"You really like that boy. It's just too sad that you are not free to tell him. You have Shawn and... even if I don't like him that much, I don't support the fact that you are lying to him. Just tell him the truth already so that he can move on."

"Nelly... I want to. It's just too hard."

"I know but try and put yourself in his shoes. You finding out that your girlfriend loves someone else and your girlfriend telling you she loves someone else. Which is better?"

"Of course I have to tell him so that he doesn't feel I lied to him but-"

"Daisy, get serious. If you love Arthur and you want to get him, make yourself free. Remember Sky likes him too and she's as free as a bird in the sky."

My heart pounded at the moment. I knew Nelly was right and that even scared me the more. I just sighed and nodded at that.

"Okay let's get going. We're like the third on stage," Nelly told me.

As we got up to head out, I realised a screw on the robot we were going to present was missing.

"Nelly, where's the screw that's supposed to be there?"

"I put it in so where's it?"

"Don't ask me. Just look for it."

We searched around and saw nothing.

"I can't see anything," I told her.

"And neither can I."

We looked at each other with faces as cold as ever full of fear.

#Arthur#

I knew I had to concentrate on the damn match but I was kinda thinking about Daisy. Was she going to be able to do as I was supposed to do? The match was already bad. The shutters had a goal already and we had nothing. Coach wanted to kill me right now. Leo, another player and friend of mine told me.

"Arthur try and concentrate man. We need this win. We have to hit finals."

I nodded. "I know. I'm going to get us a goal. Promise."

I shook my head to chase away all the distractions most especially Daisy and her capability to replace me at the fair. Leo nodded and we got back to position.

#Daisy#

"Daisy, we're the next. What are we going to do?" Nelly was sweating profusely now as I thought.