26-Encouragement

Daniella finally walked to stage to announce the damn results that could send me flying to the field in seconds. I knew Nelly and I had done a very good job. She began.

"Before I can announce anything, I would like to thank all of you for all that you have done in support for this competition right from where it started. Every single school that participated right from the start has enabled us to reach this far otherwise from where would we choose the qualifiers if ten schools hadn't participated so all principals of the different ten schools, please do come for your share of the competition appreciation after here," I was on my nerves. Did she have to make the long speech at this crucial time? She continued, " Anyway, let's get to the moment we've all been waiting for...Marcus please"

She handed the results to Marcus, the MC and I almost cried. That guy always made fun while announcing results and trust me it took longer than expected. Nelly told me "just hold for a little bit longer. Arthur is still alive"

I rolled my eyes. I still didn't care. We had little time. They would go back to the field anytime soon and I had to talk to them. I had to encourage them not to give up. I always did that every match and I guess it worked. You know a girl needs to show boys that she has trust in them and should I say they magically power up?

#Arthur#

I was lying on a stretcher as the team's doctor examined my wound. The rest were looking at me with pity. I wasn't going to back out just cause of this. They had better just smile cause this encouraged me to show how tough I can get even after being hit twice. Damn my previous coach will regret having only made me a substitute.

"Are you going to be able to continue with this?" Shawn actually cared. Maybe because he knew deep down his girlfriend cared and he couldn't stop it.

"Yes captain, I will," he hated it when I was so formal with him yet he was trying to be friends with me despite the fact that I liked his girlfriend and I knew she liked me back. That kiss wasn't something to actually ignore or leave in the past though she did.

"Arthur we are serious; are you sure about it?" Leo, some cool guy on the team who I happened to bond with during every match both in practice and now real matches too, asked me.

"Very sure."

"Let me hope so because I don't love a player who risks his damn life for the team," Calvin rather coach told me.

"It's just a wound guys. I am not having a heart stroke."

Just then, my 'girlfriend' walked in. Well...it's what my crush thought she was so why not embrace the title for a while.

"Oh my God Arthur, are you okay?"

"Sky the more you ask the more I get nagged. Just quit already. I'm okay," the doctor was just smiling instead of assuring everyone that I was okay.

Sky didn't look convinced just like Daisy wouldn't. Girls.

"So how's it up there?" I had to know if Daisy had really helped me and won or not. The results should be out already.

"It's great. Daisy and Nelly had a nice presentation. The results are being ready. Just some more minutes. They will be here with the final say about it," Skyla told me... actually she told the team because they were also eager to know about the other part of the competition of the school.

#Daisy#

"And finally....our best school is none other than..."

"REDIUM HIGH!!!!" the crowd finished it for Marcus because it was already known and damn obvious. Our school was the only one that hadn't been read yet. It seemed so cliche that we had won though it was really obvious. We had done the best we could and it turned out to be perfect. Thanks to Rio and Arthur and Nelly too. I only just replaced Arthur.

"Okay...a request from the judges. Can a participant from the best school come and say a few words?" Marcus concludes. C'mon! Can't we leave already?

"Yo baby girl that's your question. I'm not saying anything." Nelly made herself clear.

"I'm not surprised" I rolled my eyes and walked to stage. I got the Mic. My mind wasn't even here. Couldn't they just quit already?

"Uh...a good evening to everybody here. Thanks for all the support and encouragement. Well... this competition had a lot to learn from right from the start. Personally I have actually learnt and gained so much from this and that's why you am taking this opportunity to thank the Montels who had a hand in this. Thanks for organising such a nice educational competition. The other thing is, this was not supposed to be said by me. This competition's participants were supposed to be Arthur Caspian and Nelly who you have already met cause she had been up here with me. Arthur couldn't make it because he's representing our school again in the match down there in the MFP [Montel Football Pitch]. He taught me so much about all this and to be sincere, I did this to perfection for his sake. He's such a hard-working guy and to me, he's the best scientist I've ever met," this was to hurt Trisha Montel. That woman! And her husband! And their damn relatives! "I guess you all get the picture. I will stop here for today because we all want to know who the other winner of the night is just right down there. Have fun for those heading to the celebration parlour"

I walked down the stage and I received massive handclaps. I felt good though I already wanted to leave. When I got to Nelly, she said,"Awwww. You give nice speeches" she assumed to be wiping tears and I just chuckled. We embraced. "Thanks for tonight. Love you"

"Love you too"

We took some pictures for the magazine and received our medals 🏅...then went down screaming for joy to assure all those in the field that we had won. Nelly and I ran to the preparation room. The whistle had already been blown for these guys to get back to the field. Immediately I walked in Rio said,"And there goes our girl" the rest cheered. I smiled. Rio had already arrived to help Calvin with the boys.

"That's right. Guys, today I've not been here to support you right from the start but I'm here. Remember we either win or win. Royals you know that. It's either a win or a win. I have heard about your injuries and trust me I feel the pain too," I glanced at Arthur as I said that and he only smirked. Wasn't he feeling the pain? "But that isn't going to stop you guys from winning. We need another goal just to at least make it out as winners tonight. Make your girls proud. We, the cheerleaders, are your girls. Don't make us jobless tonight. We have to cheer our boys and that's you. Okay...all the best"

They smiled at me and cheered me as they went to the field. Arthur winked at me and mouthed a 'thanks' I felt heat rise up to my face but I just nodded and looked away. He smirked and walked with the rest of the team to the field.

"What will my boys do without you" Calvin said to me and I only smiled at him.

"You mean to say what wont your boys do without your two children" I meant Rio and I.

"Exactly" Calvin assured me and we hugged. I also hugged Rio as he congratulated me and I thanked him.