55-Victor

I know what you are looking for...

-----•••-------

I walked to the house and then asked a maid to lead me to the toilets. She led me to a guest room and told me I could use the one in there. I walked in and I sighed. I washed my face. I shan't lie about this... I was so damn jealous. I sighed...

I turned to go out when I heard the door open and someone... actually when Cedra pushed in someone in a hoodie and she closed the door.

"Are you crazy? What are you doing here? How did you even get in?"

The person removed the hood and I silently gasped. Victor.

"I have to talk to you."

"Couldn't you have called?"

"I tried but hey you keep ignoring my calls. I want my payment."

"I told you I will do as you ask but not today or any days next to today. I'm officially Arthur's girlfriend. If anyone saw us together, it would be trouble."

"But you promised and I did my part."

"Argh...at least I did half of my part last time at the club. I will give you the rest."

"When? When the plan passes through?"

"Not that far. Soon."

"You better hurry because-"

Just then someone calls for Cedra just outside the room. It's Arthur.

"Oh God... stay here. Don't move."

She goes out and I also come out and pretend to be shocked.

"Jesus! What are you doing here?"

"Oops... wrong room but with the right person. Hi Daisy."

"Hey... how did you know I'm here?"

"I didn't. I...uh ... I was just invited in."

"Oh... so you're not following me?"

"No... actually, I have to go."

He stood up to leave but I stopped him. "Wait, I need to tell you something."

"I'm listening."

"Uh... Adrian asked me to stay for dinner tonight so I can't meet you... maybe tomorrow?"

"I'm in town so I'll pick you up at 6pm tomorrow and we shall have the night to ourselves. Anyone who asks you out tomorrow should know it's booked by me."

"Of course," I smiled at him.

"Okay I'll be on my way."

"Wait, so what were you doing here exactly? Who invited you in?"

He seemed caught. "I really want to tell you but I can't. Maybe I will tell you tomorrow."

"Sure."

He turned to go and the door opened at the same time. Cedra. She froze on seeing me.

"Daisy... Victor.... so you guys came together?" She pretended not to know Victor.

"Not really. I came to wash my face and I found him here."

"Who led you here?"

"I was led by a maid. I don't know who led him here."

"That's fine. You should go downstairs and prepare for dinner. I'll walk him out."

"Sure. See y'all soon."

They both nodded and I left. I stayed at the door for sometime and heard Cedra yell at Victor. "And how did she get here? Does she remember you?"