38-Troy

I think it's him behind this...

--------•••---------

"It's been a while since I touched you babe" Arthur whispered in my ear as he stood behind me. We were done with practice and he had been changing as I waited for him outside and now he had come out and stood behind me.

I smiled as he wrapped a hand around my waist and pulled me close to him. He kissed my neck and shoulder as I slowly reacted to his touch...he then stopped and whispered again "Are you ready for the ride?"

I nodded. "Let's go"

We walked out and found Angel standing next to Arthur's motor bike excitedly. "Finally we're riding together"

"Yes and we're going along liberty highway if Daisy is fine with it"

I smiled. Phantoms. "I'm very okay with it"

"Sure?" I nodded. "What happened to the phantoms?"

"They got scared because you were ready to protect me..."

We chuckled. "Unbelievable"

I just smiled and we got onto the bike. Arthur put his helmet on and so did Angel and I. He started the bike and we drove off. I didn't realise that Troy had been watching us from a distance until when I turned and saw him smiling at us as he made a phonecall. His smile was mischievous but I shrugged it off. He had been weird lately so I wouldn't be surprised.

We stopped at an ice cream joint and had some ice cream as we talked and joked around each other. I was so happy and it felt too good to be true. I couldn't believe I was Arthur's girlfriend. Could anything separate us? There was no obstacle that could make me fail to help Arthur promote his dream in playing football. Nothing. I smiled at my thoughts. So much success.

"Okay that's enough ice cream for today. Let's drop Daisy home."

Angel whined. "No...I still want to be with her."

"She has things to do... and she will come home sometime"

"Yes Angel. Arthur is right. Don't worry."

"Okay but you have to sing me a lullaby before I sleep the next time we meet."

"Sure," Arthur assured her.

We then got onto the bike and he rode towards liberty highway. You know that feeling you get about having seen phantoms some time ago and you think they might appear again and be like 'it has been a sweet dream, hasn't it? We're both still here' it's what I was trying to push away from my head. I prayed that it was all reality.

We neared the spot I had been seeing phantoms in. I tightened my grip on whoever I was holding. Just then a black car passed by us and suddenly Arthur stopped. I looked at the front to see his reason of stopping only to see the black car parked across the road. It was not one but two. I turned to the back and saw more two cars. We were stuck. My home was just a few miles away from this road.

A huge guy came out of the car with some other guys. Some were holding bats as others were possessing guns. I swallowed hard as I started getting scared. I didn't want anyone getting hurt.

"Get off that bike before I shoot one of you"

Angel and I were scared but Arthur wasn't. Did he know them? We removed our helmets nevertheless and got off. I held Angel closer to me. She was starting to shake out of fear. I rubbed her arms comforting her. "It's going to be okay. Don't be scared" she nodded but she was still scared.

"What do you want?" Arthur asked the men.

"It's actually simple. Just give us that sweet young girl. Angel, is it?"