11-Congratulations

so you guys, my PC has wattpad now so here I am.

*****

I moved to the field and sat down at the bleachers thinking through my life. It was so boring. I needed to spice it up but how? I looked around and saw Troy with some other football player called Jack. They were carrying the track suits for the new football players. It made me think about Arthur who probably didn't love me back.

I checked on my watch and it was time for end of lessons. I felt like singing but I didn't believe in my voice. Well...most people said I had a nice voice but I doubted.

Just as I was still thinking about my life, Nelly came running to me.

"Thank God, I have found you."

"What's wrong?"

"Do you know what's in school?"

"What?"

"The new Royals."

"As in?"

"You fool! Don't you know the school football team is called Royals?"

"Yes...I know."

"Well...the list of the new football players is out and the school is going crazy."

"As in happiness or..."

"Happiness duh....c'mon let's go check it out."

"Let's go."

We ran back to the school hallway and everyone was struggling to check the list out probably because they wanted to be Skyla's next boyfriend. If only they knew that she was already Arthur's girl.

When I got closer to the notice board, my heart began racing very fast. I wanted to only check for one name. Arthur Caspian. I was really madly in love with him and I had to fight it because he didn't love me back. He only had eyes for Skyla and it hurt me so badly. Oh God! Thinking about Arthur like that was cheating on Shawn. I shook my head as a way to shake off the thoughts.

I just hoped I had solved the problem he had on the first day of school. He badly wanted to be in the school football team.

I suddenly stopped moving. What if Cal had not chosen him?

"Hey Daisy.....go and check for his name. Anyway, I have something important to tell you. Just go and check for his name and we can talk," Nelly encouraged me.

"Right."

"Move."

"Aren't you coming with me?"

"Me? No. I'm not the one who wants to know if my crush got to be in the team."

"But..."

"Perhaps, I have a meeting with Mrs. Morgan. She wants to get me a good shirt for the science fair."

"Seriously? I thought we were going to talk after checking out the new team."

"Oops! I lied."

"Nelly...!"

"C'mon go check out the team and tell me later. You're even lucky that people have now left the notice board. It's free...for you. People are heading home. Hurry. Bye...I'll text you."

She ran away without me saying any word. I just sighed and turned to the notice board.

I walked very slowly to the notice board. I stopped on seeing Arthur standing there. He was passing his finger through the list and checking it out.

I wanted to turn and go back but a small voice stopped me when it said;

This is your chance babe. Go for it.